Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Why can't I lose this baby weight?

2»

Replies

• Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    You're eating more than you are burning.

This
  • AOdell79
    AOdell79 Posts: 94 Member
    In addition to what has already been said anout eating more than burning, I have another thought: are you sleeping through the night? Sleep helps with weight loss. I wasn't able to lose much baby weight when I wasn't sleeping....
  • Yes, I get more than enough sleep since my baby sleeps around 10-12 hrs through since I weaned him (knock on wood).
  • The fasting may actually be whats keeping you from losing.
    Your body may be storing everything it gets in between fasts because it's gone into starvation mode. That's how my body reacts! and instead of using fat deposits for energy when its in starvation mode, you body will use lean muscle instead..so you could be losing more muscle mass, and that is detrimental to fat burning as well.
    Try eating several times a day consistently giving your body something to burn, as opposed to the fasting.
    Try:
    Breakfast
    light snack
    Lunch
    light snack
    Dinner
    Light snack (easily digested)
    A minimum of 2 litres of water, but not much more than that, as it will flush out the nurtients before they are absorbed.
    No more than 2 hours between eating. Adjust calorie intake at each meal to be pretty balanced. ie: don't eat a huge meal at all...it will feel like you're snacking all day, and that's ok, as long as you stay within your budget.
    What this does is train your body that it will be nourished frequently, and it will start to flush out and use all of it's storage that it had saved up for "starving". This works. I've done it and I've know friends that have lost with this method as well.

Keep track of every morsel that enters your mouth, and weigh in when you're comfortable, but weekly at least.

Good luck.

No. Starvation mode does not exist.
    IF has been used successfully by many.
    Water is not going to flush out her nutrients.
    She does NOT need to graze all day, your metabolism isn't helped OR harmed by it.

Just so much no in this post :(

Thank you for saving me the trouble of replying. I was going to reply in exactly the same way.

This is EXACTLY how I lost 53 lbs before. I wasn`t suggesting she graze on ****e food all day, but keep her metabolism working all day by giving it fuel regularly.
    Your response could have done with a bit more tact.