quitting

Options

Replies

• SaintTawny
    SaintTawny Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to have others along for the ride, to congratulate their success and console them when they fail, but they don't owe me anything, and I don't expect anything from them. My commitment is to myself, not to strangers on the internet, friends in real life, or even my family or significant other. Why does it matter what other people are doing or not doing, if it's working for you?
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I delete people that don't log in in 3 days, whatevs, some people just don't have what it takes.

lol...geeze. I hope nobody unfriends me while I'm out for a week from donating my kidney in January.
    I think you're amazing. Seriously this makes me very happy for personal reasons
  • ysienkiewicz
    ysienkiewicz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I was out for 6 months due to bronchitis and I pinched a nerve in my neck and had zero mobility in my left shoulder. I was in SO much pain. I went to the chiropractor and now I feel SO much better and finally have pushed myself to get back on track. I joined a gym and I am working with a trainer. And I am SO glad that my friends did not delete me!
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I think I have some friends that haven't logged in months!! lol its not clogging my newsfeed, its not interrupting my weight loss and I don't think there is a " friend max allowance" on MFP.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I quit for a while, my house flooded and was unlivable, life was generally pretty crap, and I wasn't around for about 6 weeks. When I came back, I was so grateful for the friends who hadn't deleted me and welcomed me back, that I stopped deleting inactive friends unless I can look at their profile and not actually recall interacting with them.

I've had a fair few "Hi I'm back" posts from friends who've been away and they seem to be happy to be welcomed back, too. I dunno, I feel like insta-deleting anyone who isn't around for a while is kind of like you've turned your back on them for 'failing'. It's no skin off my nose to have their profile sitting there in my friends list. God knows, I've had enough false starts in my weight loss history.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I quit MFP twice and did a pre-emptive delete of friends I had the last round, to save them the trouble of seeing my non-logging *kitten*. Which was kind of dumb because now I'm back on my longest streak ever. Awkward.
  • ShannonS921
    Options
    I could care less how often they log in. I only delete if I find out they're Republicans.

:love: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I don't care if they log in or not. I've gone 3 months without logging in, but I've lost 52lbs this year. I only log in so often at the moment because I have a boring job and too much time on my hands, so I like to troll the forums to make my day go quicker.

I rank my friends based on how useful I think they'll be in the Zombie Apocolypse. Happy to have as many of you Americans as wants to add me, y'all got guns right?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I've been here almost 2 years and seen a LOT of people come and go. I myself was on here a year before that and quit twice before I got any real traction. Weight loss is hard. A lot of people don't make it.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I don't care if they log in or not. I've gone 3 months without logging in, but I've lost 52lbs this year. I only log in so often at the moment because I have a boring job and too much time on my hands, so I like to troll the forums to make my day go quicker.

I rank my friends based on how useful I think they'll be in the Zombie Apocolypse. Happy to have as many of you Americans as wants to add me, y'all got guns right?

damn right, and we ain't afraid to shoot 'em, either! :laugh: :drinker:

I live out in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by cows. Come the apocalypse, c'mon over to my place. You get a shotgun just for showing up, but we expect you to hold your own
  • mysmileighs
    mysmileighs Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I quit for a while, my house flooded and was unlivable, life was generally pretty crap, and I wasn't around for about 6 weeks. When I came back, I was so grateful for the friends who hadn't deleted me and welcomed me back, that I stopped deleting inactive friends unless I can look at their profile and not actually recall interacting with them.

I've had a fair few "Hi I'm back" posts from friends who've been away and they seem to be happy to be welcomed back, too. I dunno, I feel like insta-deleting anyone who isn't around for a while is kind of like you've turned your back on them for 'failing'. It's no skin off my nose to have their profile sitting there in my friends list. God knows, I've had enough false starts in my weight loss history.

Agree. I don't usually pay attention to who has been gone and for how long etc. I got enough crap to worry about in my own life. :flowerforyou:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    You have no idea what they're doing. Don't be so quick to assume they just quit.

Also, my friends are locked in my basement. :love:

I, for one, am glad you finally upgraded the wifi. It was really slow with all of us down here.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

damn right, and we ain't afraid to shoot 'em, either! :laugh: :drinker:

I live out in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by cows. Come the apocalypse, c'mon over to my place. You get a shotgun just for showing up, but we expect you to hold your own

Thanks Jen <3 I grew up on a farm, and I've played CoD, I can shoot :)
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    _JustDG_ wrote: »
    I delete people that don't log in in 3 days, whatevs, some people just don't have what it takes.

You're hardcore.
    I like you.

• Tydeclare44
    Tydeclare44 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is usually my limit for not logging in. JUUUUUST in case there's an internet issue, or a vacation, etc
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    quitters will come back eventually :P
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Taking up space? Really? How hard is it to just leave someone on your list whether they log in or not.

One of my most consistent and "oldest" friends disappeared over the summer. I shot her a quick note which she didn't respond to, so I just shrugged and hoped she was OK. A month or so ago she turned up and said she had an injury and decided to take the summer off. Now she's back at it with a vengeance and giving me supportive notes every day. If I had arbitrarily deleted her we wouldn't be able to get back in touch and continue our friendship. And that would have been my loss.
  • SimonCypher
    SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Crikey! I've been signed up for 3 days and thankfully been on every day since so can breath a sigh of relief that I won't be deleted..... :smile:
  • ylvak94
    ylvak94 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I remove people who disappear for 30 days or more with no notice. It's not because I don't want to be friends with them but when I look through my friends list it's demotivating for me to see friends who seem to have given up, and it makes it more difficult for me to continue logging in every day myself.