Worried

I took a new preworkout for the first time today and I haven't taken any preworkout in months and it's been over 3 hours since I worked out and I still have a high heart rate and feel out of it. Is this normal or should I go to the doctor? Any help is appreciated

Replies

• _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    doogie-howser-md-mobile-wallpaper_2257.jpg
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    All that stuff is is caffeine laced junk. You're better off without it.
    And don't just trust the label claims. You never know what's really in those noxious products. As for rushing to the hospital, it really just depends on how you feel.
    I probably would not and go for a long walk instead. Use your own judgement.
    Live and learn...
  • ?
  • Thank you
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    You took a "preworkout?" What's that supposed to be?
  • JennaNicoleS
    JennaNicoleS Posts: 24 Member
    Did you take a full dose? If you haven't had a preworkout supplement in a long time, the effect intensifies. Try deep breathing and yoga to get your heart rate down. Don't worry too much. If it continues for another hour, I would go to the doctor or call the doctor or something just to be safe. This happened to me too but went away after slowing my breathing. Don't let yourself get into an anxiety attack either! That can increase your heart rate and make matters worse. It will be fine, just slow your breathing. Hope this helps!
  • It's a powder mixture you take before you workout to give you more energy and make you workout harder
  • Did you take a full dose? If you haven't had a preworkout supplement in a long time, the effect intensifies. Try deep breathing and yoga to get your heart rate down. Don't worry too much. If it continues for another hour, I would go to the doctor or call the doctor or something just to be safe. This happened to me too but went away after slowing my breathing. Don't let yourself get into an anxiety attack either! That can increase your heart rate and make matters worse. It will be fine, just slow your breathing. Hope this helps!
    yeah I took a full dose instead of just a little like I should have but I appreciate the help and I'll try that thanks
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    It's a powder mixture you take before you workout to give you more energy and make you workout harder

Motivation is free, you know.
  • Drink plenty of water, have a shower and do some yoga
    on my third glass of water lol thank you
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    It's a powder mixture you take before you workout to give you more energy and make you workout harder

Motivation is free, you know.
    ^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    For a natural preworkout I take a half serving of protein powder in water and eat half a banana then wait half an hour to an hour. Maybe try that next time?
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Let me suggest something a bit less harsh, more natural prior to your exercise. Liquid B vitamin supplement, water, banana, magnesium supplement. Then afterwards, have a little snack with protein and complex carbs. What you took may have a lot of caffeine, or some type of herbal ingredients that are too harsh for you.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    I would take a long walk, then shower, and then try to see if you can relax. If you feel very badly, then I'd call a doctor. Some of those products tend me to make people very high strung, so it might take some time for it to wear off. I personally hate that feeling, I don't even drink energy drinks because I feel yucky after. A cup of coffee is usually enough for me.