So. Stress.

Options
KatieMcCakes
KatieMcCakes Posts: 294 Member
Bear with me a moment... I have a story to tell. So I found out this morning that one of my best managers quit work without notice. It really shook me up, and it got me thinking. Anyone else out there working an entry-level job, particularly in retail or fast food? I know what you go through every shift. I know the emotional pain of being abused by customers who get a kick out of trying to ruin your day. I know the feeling of being bullied about corporate policy that I don't make, and I know the dizzy feeling of having two people talking in each ear at the same time. I know how it feels to be shouted at by a grown-rear adult acting like a two year old, and to be hissed at by someone who quietly says vile things to you. I smile back at them, do what I can to fix their problem, and pretend like my day hasn't been ruined, and that I haven't just died a little inside. It's what I do for a living, and I'm very thankful to have a job. What does this have to do with fitness? I strongly believe from personal experience of working and being in school that stress management is a huge part of mental and physical well-being. Let's keep this in mind, and work on responding in a healthy way to stress. Let's set stress coping goals along with our fitness goals. If anyone is struggling with stress, know that I'm here for you. I know what you're going through and I've got your back. Sometimes it feels like the weight of the world is on your shoulders- don't let it push you over the edge. If you need a friend, add me... and keep being awesome. :heart: