What to bring for lunch

Options
2»

Replies

• tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Great ideas here! Here's a recipe from WW. We made last night and I had leftovers for lunch today. Really good and pretty easy! The recipe is for one serving. We made lots more, and used pork tenderloin instead.

Pork Stir Fry

Heat 1 tsp oil in skillet or wok over high heat. Add 1/4 lb pork loin cut in strips for stir fry. Stir fry 2 mins. Add 1.5 cups coleslaw mix (I used broccoli slaw mix), couple tsps each of minced garlic, Asian fish sauce and pepper. Stir fry 2 or 3 mins.

We all loved it. Make extra for lunch next day!
  • tamheath
    Options
    This week I cooked pork tenderloin and roasted massive trays of veggies. I divided them into servings and have been bringing them with me each day.

Love the idea of roasting lots of veggies. BTW, amazing stats!
  • auranda
    auranda Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vcatmb44
    vcatmb44 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I work in an office so i try and change it up it may be a lean cuisine a whole wheat turkey sandwhich or ill buy low carb wraps and make tuna salad. Also I try and make my lunch the nite before so i make a lot of fresh salads with pico de galo, mushrooms fat free feta, turkey bacon with oil and vinegar thats always plentiful low carb , cal and fat
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    To answer your ‘going out to eat’ question, try Teriyaki Experience. Optsfor brown rice and if sodium is a problem for you, cut out the Asian cooking sauce and have them just use water (they advertise this so it’s not a burden to ask) and cut out the teriyaki sauce.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I love to eat leftovers. I typically make enough dinner so I have atleast one day's worth of lunch. I made this the other night and it was great! My DH even liked it, which is rare b/c he his PICKY!

Italian Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Burgers

Ragu Sweet Tomato Basil Light Spaghetti Sauce
    1 lb of lean ground turkey
    1/4 cup chopped scallions
    2 tsps minced garlic
    2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    1tsp grated lemon zest
    1/2 tsp dried oregano
    1/2 tsp ground pepper
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
    2 tbls finely chopped basil
    2 tsp EVOO
    4 4in square slices of foccacia bread, toasted

To prepare burgers: Place turkey, scallions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, lemon zest, oregano, pepper, and salt in a larger bowl. Gently combine, without overmixing, until evenly incorporated. Form 8 thin patties about 4 in wide and 3/8 in thick.

Combine 1/4 cup of cheese and basil and place an equal amount in the center of 4 patties. Cover with the remaining patties and crimp edges closed.

Heat 2 tsp of EVOO in a large non stick skillet over medium heat. Add burgers and cook, until an instant read thermometer inserted in the center registers 165 degrees, 8-10 minutes.

Warm the spaghetti sauce on the stove. To assemble the burgers, spread 3 tbs of spaghetti sauce on each piece of the foccacia toast, top with burger, add about 3 more tbs of sauce and 1 tbs of the remaining cheese.

Per Serving: 299 calories, 15g of fat, 14g of Carbs, 28g of Protein

I made this recipe for dinner with a salad and the next day I just had of the leftover patties with a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese! It was delicious!
  • Nicole114
    Options
    If you like Egg Salad, I've been making a "healthier" version and instead of bread (I'm low-cal) I make Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps.

How do you make your egg salad?

nevermind, I saw your other post lol
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Also another favorite of mine was the buffalo chicken salad I made the other day. I took about 4 oz of chicken and sauteed it with some Pete's Wing sauce. Then put it on top of a bed of lettuce and then added some black bean and corn salsa, a little avocado, and just a touch of light ranch! YUMM-O!
  • tamheath
    Options
    Also another favorite of mine was the buffalo chicken salad I made the other day. I took about 4 oz of chicken and sauteed it with some Pete's Wing sauce. Then put it on top of a bed of lettuce and then added some black bean and corn salsa, a little avocado, and just a touch of light ranch! YUMM-O!

This looks good! Bumping up, so i can find this again! :smile:
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite lunch food is crackers, cream cheese, and turkey.

I like to use wheat thins, or the wheat thins flat bread
    spread on some 1/3 reduced fat garden veggie cream cheese, or chive and onion cream cheese.
    then add a piece of smoked or mesquite turkey lunch meat.

I always have lots of raw veggies and I have a habit of finishing with something sweet.
    sometimes I can convince myself carrots are sweet enough but if not its some sugar free pudding, light yogurt, apple sauce, or hershey's kiss.
  • T7807
    T7807 Posts: 8
    Options
    I like to take left overs from supper in a Tupperware dish