hey from australia

Options
Hey guys my name is Dani, I'm 23 years old and very obese.

It all sort of stemmed when I turned 18 and moved out of home, eating junk food every night as well as take away did horrendous things and its now finally taken its toll.

I think the moment I realised I needed a change was looking at a picture of myself in my wedding dress, I am spilling over the back of it. I've tried numerous times to loose weight but due to my own laziness I never stick to it.
But for some reason 2011 has been a wake up call, 2 years ago my husband and I said we wanted kids at the age of 25. I turn 25 in Aug 2012, I don't want to be obese and pregnant and more to the point I doubt I would fall pregnant being obese, my menstrual cycles have been a shamble due to my weight.

So here I am now, ready for the change and ready to put in the hard yards to have the family we are wanting, to feel better about myself and to blow my family away when I see them in DEC this year.

I look forward to making friends on here and am always up for any tips, advice or just a good conversation.

=)

Replies

• tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You'll find lots of friends and support here. It helps me a lot to track my calories and exercise. You can do it!! :flowerforyou:
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi there Danni and welcome to the site.
    Yes, you have got the right attitude and are going to be successful at losing weight, just make yourself small goals at first, say 7lbs at a time and this time next year you will see a whole new person.
    You are really sensible about losing weight before you have a family, for a start the long term health implications and plus you want to be a good role model for your children.
    Anyway please add me as a friend and I will support you in any way I can and please look at the success stories and pictures they are an inspiration to everyone.
    Good luck for 2011
    Karen :flowerforyou:
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are going to love this site!!
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Welcome!