Replies

• microem1
    microem1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend has got a honda shadow
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    had an awesome ride up the hills on the weekend. Just me, ipod and the sound of high revving CBR600RR :D
  • crnbhr
    crnbhr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I ride an '09 Kawasaki Versys. I love it, but my first true love was a 1992 750 Honda Nighthawk.
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My husband had a Dyna something or other when we got married, but recently upgraded to an Ultra Classica Electra Glide (I think). He loves it. I'm more content in the car. *grin*
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Really need a new rear tire on the FJR. Brand new tire put on around 5k miles in late August, and now I'm at 17.5k miles. 12k on a rear on a FJR isn't too shabby, and its more that the tire's profile has gone flat, not that the tread is gone.

Oh well! I've got a free weekend coming up so maybe I'll get to that. New tire, oil change, rear drive oil change, spark plugs...oi, there's a lot more to do than I thought.
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    BUMP..

I ride a 2005 gsxr 750 :)
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I ride...but I don't have a bike at the moment :sad:

I do have my eye on a Yamaha R1 1100 :happy:
  • kaaatielove
    Options
    I ride...but I don't have a bike at the moment :sad:

I do have my eye on a Yamaha R1 1100 :happy:

Yamaha R1 1100???
  • Jennjenn1974
    Options
    0Ku7ql.jpg

Yamaha R1 1100 :wink:
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    this is my 883
  • kaaatielove
    Options
    No it's not R1 1100...
    (remove the 1100)

i love the r1.. & that raven is the best looking one. IMO
  • Jennjenn1974
    Options
    No it's not R1 1100...
    & if you've never ridden before, thats a powerful bike for a beginner.. if i were you i'd start on the r6 & upgrade when you're ready..

I've been riding for 9 years. I've had an R6. And you'll have to forgive me...it's a 998...it will be an 1100 when I am done with it
  • kaaatielove
    Options
    No it's not R1 1100...
    & if you've never ridden before, thats a powerful bike for a beginner.. if i were you i'd start on the r6 & upgrade when you're ready..

I've been riding for 9 years. I've had an R6. And you'll have to forgive me...it's a 998...it will be an 1100 when I am done with it

Sorry i missed that part of you being a rider the first time around.. do you race or are you just going to put a few mods on it?
  • Jennjenn1974
    Options
    My dream is to learn to race someday and I have every intention of modding my girl when I finally get ahold of her. :bigsmile:
  • kaaatielove
    Options
    Well to increase the CCs you would have to displace the motor and that would cost more than it's worth.. you can put some mods on in and get a little better hp.. imo, keep it simple, cause you're always going to want to upgrade.
    I race now & love every second of it. Im on a 750 now that i use as my streetbike and take to the track. its a pain in the butt though because i have to lower and stretch it everytime i take her to the track.. im planning on getting a new streetbike and keeping the 750 as a track only bike.
  • kaaatielove
    Options
    repost
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Well to increase the CCs you would have to displace the motor and that would cost more than it's worth.. you can put some mods on in and get a little better hp.. imo, keep it simple, cause you're always going to want to upgrade.
    I race now & love every second of it. Im on a 750 now that i use as my streetbike and take to the track. its a pain in the butt though because i have to lower and stretch it everytime i take her to the track.. im planning on getting a new streetbike and keeping the 750 as a track only bike.

By the sounds of it you are talking about drag racing yes?

I've done a bit of both. Circuit and drag. (used to have a pretty quick street car that I drag raced so wanted to have a go on the bike as well). I'm too cautious to be a crazy as circuit racer but drag is definitely doable. I was the only one who wasn't on a 1+L bike when I was there though! But it was ET racing anyway so doesn't really matter.

Pretty keen to get a gsxr750 next. Sports bike makers are pretty silly that Suzuki are the only ones making sports 750's these days. Not that I have anything against Suzuki's but if the riding position doesn't suit me then there isn't really an alternative except jump to 1000cc which I didn't really want to do from my current CBR600RR.

I will own a big bang R1 like the above some day though!
  • kaaatielove
    Options
    yes, im speaking about drag racing. I had a private track rental about 4 weeks ago and i was the only one not on a liter bike. I made some good passes, but always looking to do more. I have big plans for the 750 once i get a new street bike. I've race a road course once on my honda f4i but i didnt enjoy it as much as 1/4 mile drag. :)
    I agree with you, i find it odd that more sport bike companies havent introduced the 750cc bike to their inventory.. its a good step up from the 600 :)
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    F4i hey. I was actually looking at getting one of them as a project bike. Same year as my RR but heaps less k's and cheap as chippies. Then I'd probably sell both bikes and get something faster :devil:
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    My buddy just got an R1 this year. Flat black with red trim. It look sick, and she goes fast!!! Gorgeous Bike!!