Hey everyone! New here!

Options
Hey guys I am new here. My name is Susan and I am starting the long road to a better healthier life! Anyone have any tips on how to suceed?

Replies

• motivatedmonica
    motivatedmonica Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yes, choose a goal weekly. this week, no sodas, or fried food for me.
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Wecome! My tip is to make use of the tools here for tracking your food and exercise. And eat lots of vegetables. Seriously.
  • marvshan17
    Options
    Never give up even when it feels like you can't do it anymore. The hard work will pay off, trust me!
  • smarshall88
    Options
    Good goals! Mine this week is no snacking mindlessly at work. Work always has candy, cookies, everything bad! I always snack mindlessly there. So that is my goal! Thanks!
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hey...I'm new as well. Don't want to diet, but change the way I eat and live! I have ALOT of weight to lose and I'm treating this like an addiction. One day clean at a time and prayer. That's my only plan and tips right now. Good luck lady!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Count your calories, that's the biggest thing for me. Buy healthy snacks to take to work with you since they always have junk food. Good luck to the new you!
  • charlami
    Options
    Hello Susan and welcome.

I'm new here too.. does it show.. oh what it does LOL. I have a tip for you that is working for me. I don't carry any money. I have a severe addiction to fast food. I keep a debit/credit card hidden in my car for emergencies (gas, flat tire etc.) but I quit carrying cash. I also for a personal venture decided to try to go an extra step now by parking at the end of the parking lot. Another thing I have done is track my water intake. I have lots of trouble with the water, When I started at the beginning of the month I was only getting 1-2 in but I'm up to 5 now and hope to be at 6 by the end of the week. I think I've had great success so far. Good luck to you I know we can do it!

Char
    Greensboro, NC