Goodies in the Kitchen

Options
Where I work it is customary to buy cakes and sweets and put them in the office kitchen for colleagues to help themselves.

Celebrations such as birthdays, anniversaries or returning from holiday are the usual excuses. An email is sent to all with the anacronym GITK.

In the bad old days i would be first in line for a free donut or two or three and a big handful of chocolate biscuits. Today there was GITK but all I left the kitchen with, was a glass of filtered water.

Success!!!!!

Replies

• kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    YAY! Good deal!!!!! I work at a resturant and one of my best friends is always bringing in cookies and brownies. Its so hard to stay away, esp because I have the sweet tooth of a monster...

So I def applaud you for turning away, its a small change (or if your like me a massive change) that will eventually be a lifestyle change!

Good job!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    That is a GREAT success!!! Good for you!!!!
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Will power in those situations can be so hard to gather but you did it!
  • semiquaver
    Options
    I have just got an email again. Apparently there are lots of biscuits/cookies in the kitchen for us to help ourselves.....

No chance!!!!!! I have lost 6lb this week and I ain't putting it back on.
  • rayflana
    Options
    My office is the same way.... Birthdays, client meetings, gifts from vendors... (cookies.) and the list goes on.

I've gotten better, but it's hard. I get into my office at 6:30am and often times there will be a "breakfast" event at 9am. In the past, that meant I would eat 2 breakfasts....

Not this year.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!