Recording time climbing stairs

Options
How do you record #steps or time climbing steps into the diary? I've decided to start taking the stairs here at work and at least twice a day I just go climb the stairs to the top floor to work in a little more exercise into my busy day. But I don't know how to record it in the diary as I don't see just plain old stair climbing. Any ideas?

Replies

• rowanwolfgang
    Options
    I typed in walking upstairs and it popped up...asks how long. Hope this helps!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Right now they only have running up stairs in the database. You could add walking up stairs to the database, just do a little bit of googling to find out how many calories you burn per hour doing it.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    The calorie burn is probably so minimal that you should just use it to offset any forgotten bites or mis-entered food measurements. Unless you work on like the 15th floor or something and it takes over 15 minutes to walk up there, I would not log it - at least not to eat back those calories. You can also, if you do this in conjunction with other activities throughout the day, as just this would probably not be enough, change your activity level to somewhat active and use that as a blanket cover for accounting for all activities like this. That might be too much allocation though. That being said, it's still great for you, not to mention great strength building even perhaps more than cardio, for your legs - so keep doing it!