Shakeology

Options
I was wondering if anyone had tried Shakeology? If you haven't heard of it its a premixed smoothie base that is supposed to help with weight loss. I'm just wondering if its worth the cost (approx $120.00 for a 30 day supply) or can I just make my own smoothies that will be just as effective. Id like to hear reviews any of you may have, the good and the bad. TIA :happy:

Replies

• PokenStick
    Options
    You just opened up a can of worms...hah. IMO, not worth the cost. If you have the time, make your own shakes.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    You just opened up a can of worms...hah. IMO, not worth the cost. If you have the time, make your own shakes.

Haha to the can of worms. IMO it is 100% worth it. The month that I didn't drink it I missed it. It would cost way more to make your own shake with all of the same ingredients. Also since I am a coach I only play $89.96 a month for it (which is $3.00 a day).

p.s. good luck with Insanity!
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    It will help with weight loss as it's only 140 calories by itself, but as those who think it's not worth the money will surely point out their are cheaper alternatives. Well, yeah, there are, but Shakeology is not just about weight loss. The ingredients in Shakeology cannot be matched by ANY other shake or all in one packet of anything out there. If you are interested in weight loss but also making sure you are really getting the nutrition you need, and I mean beyond the normal protein, carbs, vitamin c, etc, then try it, it will do that for you. If you want to truly understand just what Shakeology can do for you then pick up David Wolfe's Superfoods, then read the ingredients in Shakeology, and you'll see what the potential of that Shake is compared to your typical GNC fare. I've been using it for about 3 months now and I have never felt better. I'm not fatigued by the afternoon anymore and it's helped me stop drinking so much coffee because I simply don't need it as I have plenty of energy. Good luck with your decision.
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I love Shakeology. I have tried making my own, but in order to get the level of nutrition in Shakeology it would take too much time/shopping. I know there are alot of people on here who just think it's hype, but personally can't live without it. JMO =)
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    It will help with weight loss as it's only 140 calories by itself, but as those who think it's not worth the money will surely point out their are cheaper alternatives. Well, yeah, there are, but Shakeology is not just about weight loss. The ingredients in Shakeology cannot be matched by ANY other shake or all in one packet of anything out there. If you are interested in weight loss but also making sure you are really getting the nutrition you need, and I mean beyond the normal protein, carbs, vitamin c, etc, then try it, it will do that for you. If you want to truly understand just what Shakeology can do for you then pick up David Wolfe's Superfoods, then read the ingredients in Shakeology, and you'll see what the potential of that Shake is compared to your typical GNC fare. I've been using it for about 3 months now and I have never felt better. I'm not fatigued by the afternoon anymore and it's helped me stop drinking so much coffee because I simply don't need it as I have plenty of energy. Good luck with your decision.

I beg to differ that you can't find a shake or meal replacement that contains everything this one does. USANA's Reset program has Meal Replacements and you don't need to be doing just RESET to achieve them. You can purchase them from USANA and I find them better tasting that any thing out there. If you want the ADDED fruits and VEGGIES, Phytoberry and Vegge Greens are an option to mix in to shake.
  • Stooooo
    Options

I beg to differ that you can't find a shake or meal replacement that contains everything this one does. USANA's Reset program has Meal Replacements and you don't need to be doing just RESET to achieve them. You can purchase them from USANA and I find them better tasting that any thing out there. If you want the ADDED fruits and VEGGIES, Phytoberry and Vegge Greens are an option to mix in to shake.

No way it has everything.... :smile:
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options

No way it has everything.... :smile:

Plus, if you're taking a good Multi-vitamine and some vitamin optimizers (calcium, vitamine e ETC) then you would be fine with just how every you'd like.

I will say that the sugar count is good for the carb intake. :)

But I will never justify my entire diet made up of "pre-made" shakes or food.

I like to make everything myself and KNOW what I'VE put in it not what someone claims is in it.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    $120/mth for processed shakes? I don't care how "nutritious" they're suppose to be, it's still PROCESSED. :noway:

Here's an idea: EAT WHOLE FOODS! :happy:
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I am trying a sample of it today for lunch... just got it in the mail from my Coach Chris Garrett. If I like the taste I think that I am going to try it this year. I completed P90x last year and lost 24 pounds so this round I was thinking about losing the rest of my weight by adding Shakeology to the menu. I can't wait to try it ... another 50 minutes ;)
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I am trying a sample of it today for lunch... just got it in the mail from my Coach Chris Garrett. If I like the taste I think that I am going to try it this year. I completed P90x last year and lost 24 pounds so this round I was thinking about losing the rest of my weight by adding Shakeology to the menu. I can't wait to try it ... another 50 minutes ;)

What flavor did he send you. If it's Chocolate I highly recommend adding a banana or a table spoon of all natural peanut butter and ice (with both).
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    the green is horrible! the chocolate is good but then has after taste, they say to add stuff but then isnt that adding to the cost?....but if someone gots it like that ($$) then buy w/e you want but i wont be making my hubby work overtime so i can buy this....
  • Stooooo
    Options
    the green is horrible! the chocolate is good but then has after taste, they say to add stuff but then isnt that adding to the cost?....but if someone gots it like that ($$) then buy w/e you want but i wont be making my hubby work overtime so i can buy this....

Do you not already buy fruit? Just curious. I see what you are saying, but you do not have to add stuff to it. My wife drinks it with just ice and water. 140 calories is a bit low for it to replace a meal for me, so I add stuff to get the calories up. Peanut Butter makes it taste like a dessert. It is so yummy.

In all honesty I don't pay a thing for my Shakeology.

p.s. and yes I agree Greenberry is not so good. I found some recipes that made it drinkable, but Chocolate is my fav.