Having trouble eating! Need some advice.

Options
When I first started this a month ago I had so many cravings it was unreal. Now a month into it, I have to make myself eat. I practically gag it down. It isn't that I am eating "diet" food. I have mainly cut back my portions and found healthier alternatives to junk food. I guess it feels really weird not wanting to eat, but I am worried about sending my body into starvation mode. Well I really just don't know I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I have tried different things to increase my appetite....working out....cultivating my healthy culinary skills. Nothing really appeals to me anymore. I must admit I do think about Taco Bell Cheesy Bean and Rice Burrito, but lets not go there. Any feedback or suggestion would be great.

Replies

• ehorner1976
    ehorner1976 Posts: 147
    Options
    When I first started this a month ago I had so many cravings it was unreal. Now a month into it, I have to make myself eat. I practically gag it down. It isn't that I am eating "diet" food. I have mainly cut back my portions and found healthier alternatives to junk food. I guess it feels really weird not wanting to eat, but I am worried about sending my body into starvation mode. Well I really just don't know I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I have tried different things to increase my appetite....working out....cultivating my healthy culinary skills. Nothing really appeals to me anymore. I must admit I do think about Taco Bell Cheesy Bean and Rice Burrito, but lets not go there. Any feedback or suggestion would be great.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    check out the www.hungrygirl.com web site. They make restaurant fatty calorie laden foods into lean mean dishes.
    I have noticed also that I'm hungry but for different foods... French fries sounds yucky right now, but I like wraps and burritos and stuff, so I make a healthier version of the original and I feel great. I think sometimes we try to forget about food because we think we can't eat it anyway and that might be a problem too ? I have noticed that I prefere 5 to 6 smaller meals to 2 huge ones ( they were the ones who got me here) I hope I helped a little:flowerforyou: