how to lose weight with TOM

Options
I'm wondering if any women have lost weight during their TOM. I'm still working out just as hard but I'm gaining. I swear I want to punch the scale or throw it out the window.

Thanks.

Replies

• superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    You're retaining water. You're not gaining fat. If you're menstruating, do not weigh in.

Charmagne
  • ababygrace
    Options
    I highly recommend not weighing yourself around TOM especially when you know you are getting close to it. It is normal to gain weight during this time but it is water so don't be discouraged. This is normal so don't worry.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Its almost my TOM but I just started wieghing in... also, there might be a possibility that Im late, however I have been really REALLY pushing myself this past week... should I slow down and see if I really am late or not??
  • songofserenity81
    songofserenity81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i found my last TOM that with the amounts of water I was consuming while exersicing I actually didnt gain any due to water retention :)
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I know I'll jinx myself by saying this but I actually weigh less during TOM I have no idea why or how BUT you mentioned wanting to throw the scale out the window? Me too! I have done nothing but gain since I've been working out on the treadmill and I'm on Day 8! I'm so frustrated. I hope both of us can get out of this rut!