read me if you hate water

Options
I hate water. Hate it. But since joining MFP I have really noticed that if I drink more water I lose weight.
I have gained 8 lbs. since Thanksgiving, I weighed 160 on Saturday when I weighed myself. I have been drinking a ton of water,cutting back on simple carbs and drinking Yogi Detox Tea and this morning I weighed 155.
I really dislike water,but if it can help that needle drop than maybe I just found my new BFFL.
:bigsmile:

Replies

• alaskan_blue
    Options
    The 10 calorie drink mixes that are meant for bottled water are great too. I drink the Great Value Grape and Hawaiian Punch Purple Smash versions all day at work and then switch to regular water when I get home. They help a lot too!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have phases with water. I have spurts where I drink a lot and then spurts where I don't as much. I have found that now drinking water keeps me umm.... "regular" if you will. And it does seem to help me lose weight when I focus on drinking it. I use Arizona Powder Stix occasionally (near the crystal light at the grocery). They're sugar free but give you a sweet tea type drink.

How do you like the Yogi Detox Tea? I've seen it at the health store and thought about buying it more than once but never went through with it.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I love it! It is spicy and kind of peppery but I really like it. I like to steep Stevia leaves with it for sweetness. Mmmmmmmm!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    try crystal light and sparkling water. They help me meet my daily quota.