Help...what should I do???

Options
I am NOT hungry today. It is 1pm where I am, and typically I have had breakfast & lunch by now, yet I am simply not hungry. Everything I was ever taught says...don't eat if you aren't hungry. Still, everyday I find myself coming up calories left over at the end of the day. Should I eat?? Should I wait until I am hungry?? Right now I am staring at 1440 calories I can have today. Nothing sounds good. I don't feel hungry. I feel satisfied and content right now. Should I give it another hour and see if I become hungry or eat a bowl of cheerios or maybe soup? I am confused as to what to do.....

Replies

• kuteinfaync
    Options
    I personally would wait til I was hungry! Everyone is different! But congrats on not being hungry! I usually wake up starving
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you are eating well balanced and nutritionous meals. A bowl of cheerios to me doesn't sound like a 'good meal'... Are you eating small meals throughout the day? Are you exercising? You may want to make your diary public for honnest opinions...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Hunger is not a very good sign of nutrition required. Energy levels and generally how you feel is a much better indicator. You should eat every 3-4 hours, this will also make you hungry every 3-4 hours once you get use to the schedule. Aslo if you really don't feel like eating try eating calorie dense food, that way you don't need as much. This would be things such as full fat cheese, milk, yogurt. Nuts and seeds are great, grab a glass of juice.
  • countjackula
    Options
    If you aren't hungry then you aren't hungry. I'd still eat a little bit (snack?) since even if you aren't hungry your body obviously needs calories to function. I'd look for something that's a little more nutritionally dense to snack on rather than cheerios (almonds are a big favorite of mine... they're high in calories but you have calories to spare anyway!)

If you wait until you're starving before you eat you're more likely to overeat.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Dont eat if your not hungry BUT dont binge later...also u should probably go for a walk or do some type of excercise to build up an appetite before the day carries on.
  • meaghanls
    Options
    Banana!
  • tjmannis
    Options
    Eat...Eat...Eat....even if you are not hungry and keep on drinking the water. When you don't eat (or drink) you body goes into survival mode. It thinks shoot I am not getting the food I need I better hold onto what I have - thus no fat is burned. This is also true for water, if you do not drink your body thinks it is not going to get water thus retention occurs. You should be eating every 3 or so hours, take your 1440 and (try) to split them up in equal caloric portions (240/meal) Breakfast at 7:00, Snack at 10:00, Lunch 12:30/1:00, Snack 3:00, Dinner at 6:00 and snack around 8:30 (this should be a high protean snack if possible, a few eggs whites, a shake, some lean turkey...) and try to get around 96oz of water per day. My trick for water is a 32oz water bottle and I get the large straws from Starbucks. If you do not like plane water use a packet of Sweet-n-low or one of the 0cal drink packets to help break it up. I went from almost 250lbs down to a 200lb body builder so I know it is hard, but very possible. You are tracking your food, that is key and great, keep it up! You also need to get into the gym if you are already not doing that - start off slow, don't kill yourself as that only leads to frustration. If you can swing it get a personal trainer, it is the best money I have ever spent and continue to do so. Let me know if you have any questions. TJ
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you are eating well balanced and nutritionous meals. A bowl of cheerios to me doesn't sound like a 'good meal'... Are you eating small meals throughout the day? Are you exercising? You may want to make your diary public for honnest opinions...

How do I make my dairy public? I only have yesterday on there because I joined this site yesterday, but it is a very good example of my caloric intake over the past week to two weeks.
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I love water and have went from drinking 2 or 3 32oz diet sodas daily (or more sometimes) to either 1 diet and caffiene free soda or none at all. The rest of the day I am sucking down water like crazy. I am currently taking two different meds that cause dry mouth so that helps my desire to drink water, but I do love water and drink it all day. I used the diet and caffiene free soda more of a treat for myself.