Dairy Free Recipes...

Jaedynmoon
Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
Hello everyone! I'm looking for some great dairy free recipes! My lactose intolerance recently got extremely worse than it ever was so I had to completely remove dairy from my diet (you would be REALLY surprised by how much dairy appears in food!) So while I am thankful since this has forced me to eat very healthy and eliminate a lot of packaged and processed foods, it's still new to me finding filling and healthy dairy free snacks. I love cooking from scratch so any recipes would be awesome if you have a favorite dairy free one. I'm awaiting my new book, Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook for Milk Allergies, Lactose Intolerance, and Casein-Free Living, so I know that will help me a lot when I receive it. Thank you so much for any recipes!! Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Bump. This has happened to me recently too. I use oatmilk in coffee and tea now, and I found a recipe for dairy-free pancakes on allrecipes that I'll have to look up again, but I'm interested to see if anyone else comes up with anything.
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Whenever I make food and it has dairy in it, I just substitute whatever they call for with Rice Milk, Oil, and sometimes Best Life Buttery Spread made with olive oil. I haven't run into any problems! I know that's not exactly what you asked for but I thought I would just share what I do. :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    i substitute too, if there's any milk needed then i add soy milk. but i don't cook recipes that have dairy in them...much to my family's dismay lol...even my smoothies are made with fruit and water...i just don't make the cheesey cassarolls or creamed soups.
This discussion has been closed.