Chicken!!

Options
So, I am marinating some lovely free range chicken breasts, boneless and skinless of course, in some light italian dressing to pair with some sauteed green beans and my homemade butternut squash soup. So I was just wondering how all of you like to prepare to your chicken? Do you use olive oil and brown them in a pan? Do you roast them? Broil them with seasonings? How do you think it's the juiciest and most delicious way to serve it? Maybe I will get some new ideas... or maybe I will just do what I always so... brown on both sides and then bake.

Replies

• lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I love to cook it up in a cast iron pan (or whatever pan you have) because it retains its juices. The best tool you could ever get for foolproof-juiciest-chicken-of-all-time is a meat thermometer. When it says 160 degrees, it's ready and juicy and delicious! (I know I know... the internet and cookbooks will tell you a higher temperature, but my dad went to Le Cordon Bleu and they teach their students to cook their chicken to 160 degrees F. I'm tellin ya! It's perfect!)
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I second that temp lruff1987!!!

Also I like to cook my chicken breasts on the pit! So juicy and yummy!!!! We have a gas grill (I know some people don't believe in gas but I like it for quick cooking) and it only takes a few minutes, plus it's one less pan to clean!!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I'm going to try that temp. If I die, you two are gonna get it!

Charmagne
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I loooooove to cook too!! I am trying that temp out tonight!!

And a girl's best friend is always her cast iron skillet!! I'll take mine over a diamond any day!! :wink:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    We prefer the chicken cooked on the grill. I am a wimp and won't grill in the rain and snow, so sometimes I use the Foreman grill inside. We like to use marinade mixes, but alter the oil type and amount depending on if cooking inside or outside. I always have some plain baked chicken breasts in the fridge for sandwiches, salads and such.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I am a huge fan of garlic broiled chicken! Oh it is so yummy! Some butter, low sodium soy sauce, freshly squeezed garlic, parsley and mushrooms poured over chicken thighs and legs...in the broiler for 20-30 minutes...OH SO GOOD! :o)

237713.jpg
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of garlic broiled chicken! Oh it is so yummy! Some butter, low sodium soy sauce, parsley and mushrooms poured over the chicken...in the broiler for 20-30 minutes...OH SO GOOD! :o)

This sounds amazing!!!