Light headed or getting sick while working out?

Options
Sigra
Sigra Posts: 374 Member
Recently I've began to get Light headed or sick during work outs. This could occur from just a 10min work out even, nothing long or strenuous. Elliptical.

I've been eating well, anywhere from eggs/bacon/rice for breakfast to Cherrios with a banana. I always make sure to eat a snack a good 20mins or more before my first work out. I also bring a bottle of water with me and stop for a few seconds to sip water if I feel I need it.

In order to be at my "losing weight" point is 150 heartbeat, I've been working at 160-170. Should I calm down and start working on the treadmill instead to., so I'm a little confused. Tips, hints, suggests?

Replies

• pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I would suggest going to see a doctor about this. Better safe than sorry
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Are you also drinking caffeine before your workouts?
  • designtu
    designtu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am not a doctor but if you’re getting dizzy you need to slow down. You need to maintain a comfortable pace that is right for you. If you’re not meeting your goals on here than maybe your expectation is too high. Dizziness could be a drop in blood pressure and could be a dangerous situation. Please be careful..
  • Sigra
    Options
    I never drink caffine, I only drink water :)
  • Sigra
    Options
    I'm certainly above my goals every day. I just don't understand why it was working out find the first week and a half. I haven't changed anything about my life that should make this happen, but it is :x
  • xxjessikatxx
    Options
    Go to the doctor..I have to carry candy and soda with me because that happends to me and if i dont get that sugar fast i will pass out.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Since you're eating well, eating before your workout and drinking water while working out, you might have an issue with your blood pressure. I would go see a doctor to figure out what's going on.
  • lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    I would definitely see a doctor about the dizziness. Is it possible the dizziness is caused from being on the Elliptical? I know some people get motion sickness from those and treadmills. As for being sick, that could be a side effect from the dizziness. However, you shouldn't eat any sooner than an hour prior to a workout. During that hour, your body is hard at work digesting. That could be cause for the sickness too. Stay safe. See a doc.
  • girlsaint
    girlsaint Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    See your doc, have a stress test done. I have heart disease and have had a couple of heart attacks, and I can tell you that when I had the 1st one, it was about 8 hours after a strenuous treadmill workout that made me feel lightheaded. Your resting heart rate should determine your fat burning zone, not a pre-set on your elliptical or other machine. For me, I have been restricted to a heart rate of 100....try working out and keeping that low lol. I push it and get up to 110-maybe 120 if I am not paying attention. Anything more than that and I get light headed as well.

The good news is that the more I work out, the harder I have to work to get my heart rate up there, so maybe your treadmill idea is a good one, at least until you get some good old down to earth Doctor's Orders :)
  • cff1031
    cff1031 Posts: 5
    Options
    I've been able to stop that by eating a carbohydrate snack and a glass of water 30 minutes prior to the workout.
  • susyseq
    susyseq Posts: 94
    Options
    I get light headed too sometimes, I just slow down. Make sure to warm up before going full force