BUMP???

KanCrav
KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
ok, I dont use MFP too often since i opened (i plan on sticking with it this time)... I notice lots of people saying BUMP in replys... ??????? can anyone translate this to english for me??

Replies

• iVe been wondering the same thing! lol
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    that's when they want to save the post for later. It will show up in their profile.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    LOL!! If someone wants an old message to come to the fore front again...or if they want to come back to it later to read it, they oftem will write Bump. Then they can find it under the My Topic tab.
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    funny, I just figured that out the other day, after 3 months on MFP. Kuddos to you for asking right away.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    bump
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    bump

ok i was just testing that...couldnt you just respond to it also and it will come up on your topics?
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Thanks guys!~!~!>..... i felt dumb asking, but I guess its true.... there are no TRULY stupid questions if you really want to know the answer!~!
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    yes a normal reply would also add it to my topics
    sometimes people write bump on a long forum that they want to read later, but don't have time too right at that moment
    it's just something short and quick to write for the purpose of saving it for later

also, as I said, whichever forum is written on most recently goes to the top of the list in the cumminty tab...sometimes older ones will be bumped back to the top to keep people talking about whatever the subject is
  • OoOo makes so much sense now- lol. Thanks! & Thanks for asking KanCrav!
This discussion has been closed.