excercise calories

Options
ok, I am having trouble eating all of my excercise calories. Like today for example (this is like most days) I eat my recomended 1330 calories and that is a stretch. I honestly am stuffing my face all day long and them I go to the gym and burn 500-600 calories,I love going to the gym sooooo much and I wouldn't feel comfortable with cutting out any of my gym time. so then I am left with all these left over calories and I am already so stuffed I feel like I am going to explode. My husband says it is b/c I don't eat "real food" (a.k.a. fatty, greasy,starchy food) but I don't like those foods. Help!!!!!

Replies

• ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    ok, I am having trouble eating all of my excercise calories. Like today for example (this is like most days) I eat my recomended 1330 calories and that is a stretch. I honestly am stuffing my face all day long and them I go to the gym and burn 500-600 calories,I love going to the gym sooooo much and I wouldn't feel comfortable with cutting out any of my gym time. so then I am left with all these left over calories and I am already so stuffed I feel like I am going to explode. My husband says it is b/c I don't eat "real food" (a.k.a. fatty, greasy,starchy food) but I don't like those foods. Help!!!!!
  • ambertimmons21
    Options
    some nights I have to resort to reaching for the peanut butter, but even then it's wonder butter so that would take like half the jar!!!!
  • mdcroft
    mdcroft Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    hmm well nuts and dairy products are always great ways to get those extra calories... can you try to split the calories up during the day, adding 100 calories to each meal, so it won't be so overwhelming at the end of the day?
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Yes...I am not alone in this!!! Thank you...I am sitting here still with a calorie and carb deficit and cannot eat another thing. If you read my post under Hypnotic Food mojo that is exactly what I am talking about. I feel better knowing it is not just me. :smile: Still not sure what to do about it though.

~Namaste
  • ambertimmons21
    Options
    That's what I've been trying to do. I have resorted to eating every 2-3 hours. everyone at work is like "how are you losing so much weight b/c we never see you without food in your mouth?"LOL!!!
  • ambertimmons21
    Options
    I know that I could easily reach my daily calorie goal if I ate What my hubby eats( eggs and biscuits and sausage for b-fast, mcdonalds, Ice cream every day) but it took so long to learn how to not eat those foods I don't want throw all of my hard work in the trash and honestly now those foods aren't even appetizing to me anymore.
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    I am just curious...do you go to the gym in the AM because that is when I do all my cardio-yoga-strength training in the morning. Maybe that has something to do with it. Hmmmmm
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    eat a big breakfast.. it helps if you eat in the morning, then taper down the eating later in the day...
  • ambertimmons21
    Options
    no, I go to the gym in the pm. I am up at 4am every morning to go to work and I get off in time to pick my son up from school and shoot to the gym
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    OK...so that rules out the time of day as the cause of this feeling.

I am gonna sleep on it and see what happens tomorrow night.

~Namaste
  • ambertimmons21
    Options
    have a great night. I am off tomorrow so I will probably talk to you guys over my cup of joe.