I hate these feelings

Options
mello
mello Posts: 817 Member
The holiday weekend is here and food has always defined any kind of holiday for me. My husband I would normally have gone to WalMart to load up on snack food to munch on for the entire weekend.

I have this really sad empty feeling that there are no "good" snacks in the house......I hate that I have this emotional attatchment to food! I hate that food has defined happiness for us.

I have worked to replace the food with other things, we're doing several things over the weekend, I have bought fruits, 98% fat free popcorn and we're going to a cookout Monday.....but ~sigh~ it feels sad.

Is there ANYONE else out there like this? I feel like a freak for feeling this way.

Replies

• mello
    Options
    The holiday weekend is here and food has always defined any kind of holiday for me. My husband I would normally have gone to WalMart to load up on snack food to munch on for the entire weekend.

I have this really sad empty feeling that there are no "good" snacks in the house......I hate that I have this emotional attatchment to food! I hate that food has defined happiness for us.

I have worked to replace the food with other things, we're doing several things over the weekend, I have bought fruits, 98% fat free popcorn and we're going to a cookout Monday.....but ~sigh~ it feels sad.

Is there ANYONE else out there like this? I feel like a freak for feeling this way.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Food has been our best friend for how long?? Of course we are going miss it:cry: I sometimes just want to say the heck with it and eat and eat and eat whatever I want:ohwell:
    But I do hope you will treat yourself to a little something this weekend.
    Have fun and stay positve. The mind is a very powerful thing:flowerforyou:
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You have to enjoy a little here and there even if its just a bite or two! If anything have some kind of sweet dessert for me on the cookout day since I can't enjoy the weekend (sigh) maybe next year, the 4th years a charm!

I miss alot of food as well, but maybe just reserve the "holiday foods" for holidays, think the next one coming up is July 4th ( a month and a half) Enjoy the weekend and don't let it define your fun as much as it seems to be a downer!

Best dishes and have a great weekend, let me know how the cookout goes, I'm very jealous and depressed I'm missing yet another holiday at home with family and friends!:heart::drinker:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am planning a special menu for the holiday to compensate for my sad feelings:

Watermelon Icees (for the kids)
    Strawberry Bruchetta
    Fresh Lemon Angel Cake minis
    I am still adding to this....

I wil never stop being a foodie...I love to cook...I am adjusting my diet to my new lifestyle.

Maybe what you need is an exciting entree or dessert.

~Namaste
  • mello
    Options
    Thanks to you both, I'm going to give a little and enjoy some things...it's just a psychological thing. It was kind of put into perspective with the "food as our best friend" comment. Sad as that is..it's true!

Like I said, I hate the feeling, but I'm using this place for what I feel like it was intended....being uplifted by caring people who are trying to get to the same place I am....healthy. And you've helped.:flowerforyou:

May you have the most awsome cook whenever you get back home and get to the grill!!!:drinker:
  • mello
    Options
    I am planning a special menu for the holiday to compensate for my sad feelings:

Watermelon Icees (for the kids)
    Strawberry Bruchetta
    Fresh Lemon Angel Cake minis
    I am still adding to this....

I wil never stop being a foodie...I love to cook...I am adjusting my diet to my new lifestyle.

Maybe what you need is an exciting entree or dessert.

~Namaste

I had thought about this.....I think I'll try it
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Oh, there's so many things we can make !!! Grilled chicken isn't so bad.. and olive oil tossed veges on the grill, like zuchini (my kids love it), watermelon; and I promised my kids I would bake a pie (haven't done that for awhile) i'll just cut down on the sugar in it.