How many calories????

donna3084
donna3084 Posts: 9
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
How many calories should I be sticking to a day for a diet?
I have been told so many different amounts. I usually start at 1200 and then after around 4 weeks for down to 1100.

Help??

Replies

• Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    It all depends on your height and current weight, but It really isn't good to be going consistently below 1200 calories. You can lose weight successfully at 1200 calories.

What has MFP allocated to you? :flowerforyou:
  • You should verify your body needs first then decide on your diet. Your body needs will be calculated based on your weight, height and age.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Donna I think you will really like myfitnesspal. It will tell you how many calories based on the information you put in. Go for it! It is working very well for me.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Yes, MFP should calculate this for you based on height, weight, age and acitivity level. You also need to tell it how long and how often you plan to exercise and also how much weight you want to lose per week. Put all that in and it should give you a number. Best wishes to you!!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Donna I think you will really like myfitnesspal. It will tell you how many calories based on the information you put in. Go for it! It is working very well for me.

Agreed, follow what MFP tells you and you should see success.
  • Thanks all
    MFP has allocated me 1300 so I will try that for a few weeks and see where it takes me, then maybe cut down to 1200 or so.
    My sin is at night sitting in the house, so need to keep my hands busy chatting on here to keep away from the biscuit tin LOL

Thanks all
    D :smile:
This discussion has been closed.