Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Working Mom Needs support

I am a working mother of a 15th month old, I need the support! To top it off, I am living with my in-laws and she is the unhealthest cook! I also am starting grad school in two weeks. How do you make time to work out? I know I need to, as I am tired all the time! Help.... :yawn:

Replies

• JSprad
    JSprad Posts: 31
    I can relate! I have 3 children, was a single mom, went back to college and worked full-time. It is very difficult to find time for yourself and sometimes I would even feel guilty if I did. But, I came to the realization that I needed the exercise for me and I incorporated a lot of my exercise in with things the kids like to do. A running stroller when mine were litte was great! Also, I seemed to be the busiest in the afternoons so I would do a 20 - 30 min. workout video in the morning before I would get the kids up. Eating can also be a challenge...portion control and planning are huge! Good luck and hang in there, you can do it!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Hi and Welcome to the site. I barely have the time to go outside and go for a walk. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 young children. My husband works graves, sleeps most of the day, goes to night school and then off to work. The only time I can actually do a nice workout is on my husband's days off. With it getting colder outside and the snow will soon start to fall even more..I won't be able to go outside. I'm hoping to get something done while my little two are down for their nap. You mentioned your in-laws not cooking healthy, I had to make a separate grocery trip to buy all healthy items. My husband isn't on a diet and my children eat fairly healthy foods, but I needed my own stash. Watch your calorie intake (i love the calorie calculator on here) and drink plenty of water too.

Good luck on your weight loss.