Go Commando!

TCASMEY
TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone ever done this run?

http://gocommando.us/

I just signed my husband myself up to run this race. Hope it is as fun as it looks!

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Umm I was hoping this was encouraging the practice of going commando...if you know what I mean.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    me too, nothing like "no underwear Sunday"
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Umm I was hoping this was encouraging the practice of going commando...if you know what I mean.

I was thinking the same thing! And wondering, what the heck?!? :-)
  • HA!!!!!!!!! I THOUGHT THE SAME THING... I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS. I was thinking that all you have to do is lack undergarments... didnt thing it took planning or a whole lotta steps.. ya know?
  • BWAHAHA! I thought the same!
  • keith_c06
    keith_c06 Posts: 1 Member
    TCASMEY- I haven't done this particular race, but I've done the Warrior Dash (www.warriordash.com); similar concept- lots of fun + it gives you a reason to train. Set a goal as to how fast you want to get through the course and work towards it. It helped me drop about 5 pounds of fat and add 2-3 pounds of muscle by trying to finish in less than 30 minutes.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Yea, I've never heard of this til now, I've been considering the Warrior Dash which looks VERY similar. I can't wait to here about your experience!!
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    I encourage everyone to GO COMMANDO! o/\o
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    I'm just not looking at that website at work, you have me afraid and I don't want to get on the help-desk's most watched list, LOL!

Is it anything like the Underwear Affair race that occurs annually in Toronto? Proceeds go to cover 'under the belt cancers" hence the push to race in your skivvies.
  • TCASMEY
    No commando for this girl. I would give myself a black-eye if I tried to run without undergarments!:blushing: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    i just had to see what this comment was about :) I thought the same thing.
  • TCASMEY
    me as well, and then I saw her asking about a race and wondered if it was that nekkid race I've heard about...

I thought the same thing when the name came up when searching for 5k's.
This discussion has been closed.