Quinoa Vegetable Soup Crock Pot Recipe

HealthyChanges2010
HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
This whole site is full of awesome tips and tricks on using quinoa and probably more than most of us knew about it, it's a pretty cool site!. Everything below is from that site. Enjoy!:flowerforyou:

http://www.squidoo.com/quinoa-is-yummy

My Easy and Delicious Vegetable Soup Crock Pot Recipe

In the morning, fill your Crockpot about half full with prepared vegetable broth, turn the pot on high and add a handful of washed whole Quinoa, 1/4 cup of dry brown rice (not minute or instant rice), a Tablespoon of wild rice, a handful of mixed dry beans (I like mini fava beans, white beans, kidneys, garbanzo beans, and anasazi beans), 1 cup of chopped carrot, 1/2 cup of chopped celery, and add in whatever other veggies you'd like - we use torn spinach leaves, parsley, diced turnips and beets, and onions. Season with just a touch of sea salt, some black pepper, and celery salt. Let it simmer all day and viola' perfect dinner soup! One tip - if you want to add peas, wait until a few minutes before serving and then just toss in some frozen ones, that works the best.

Replies

• mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Thanks for sharing!
  • sounds awesome. I will try this. I love slow cooker meals that are healthy because it is less to think about.
  • thelima
    thelima Posts: 234
    This sounds truly yummy!

Thanks for sharing.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Sounds yummy. Thanks for the recipe:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Looking for more recipes with Quinoa in them, specifically Winter slow cooker ones. I think I may have hit the jackpot on a site I just found. I'll post more if they look to be good ones.:drinker:
This discussion has been closed.