Have you ever cried during a workout?

Options
I did my first day of JM's 30 Day Shred and about half way through circuit 2, I started balling. I'm not sure why. I just felt this wave of emotion. I've never wanted something so bad (getting healthy) and it just somehow hit me like a wrecking ball. I finished the workout, even though it about killed me- I finished the work out.
I'm just wondering if anybody else has had this happen?

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!! When I ran a full mile on the treadmill at the gym. I have always wanted to run one mile...........dont know why, just have. I did it in under 15 minutes too!

I pumped my fists:drinker: , yelled WOOT!:bigsmile: and cried:sad: . A passer by hugged me :flowerforyou:

I then forgot to stretch and cool down and was laid up for 2 days:sick: :tongue: :tongue:

:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I did my first day of JM's 30 Day Shred and about half way through circuit 2, I started balling. I'm not sure why. I just felt this wave of emotion. I've never wanted something so bad (getting healthy) and it just somehow hit me like a wrecking ball. I finished the workout, even though it about killed me- I finished the work out.
    I'm just wondering if anybody else has had this happen?

Your DOING it! It feels so good inside to know what we are capable of. You can do this and we shall watch!!!!
  • CheesyPoofs
    Options
    As Tom Hanks said in that movie, "There is no crying in baseball"..

This applies to working out too :)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Only when I was going to the gym after a break-up.... I'd cry and think, "he'll be sorry!" :happy:
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I've had something similar happen while running. Especially when I first started out and wanted so badly to be able to run for more than a few seconds at a time. I've found that this weight loss/fitness journey is just as much an emotional/mental journey as it is a physical one, so I think it's perfectly normal to go through these kinds of emotions! Great job finishing the workout!!

As a side note: I started 30 Day Shred on the 1st, along with a group of MFP friends and acquaintances. We have a thread going here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/145020-shreddin-eleven-week-one to keep track of our progress and to share motivation and encouragement. There are a few others who started earlier/later than the 1st, so feel free to hop in and join the discussion if you wish. It's certainly helped to push me so far and to keep me on track to seeing this workout all the way through Level 3.

Best wishes!
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I did when I completed my 1st 5K! I was running the Livestrong challenge and completing it WITHOUT walking and for my aunt and grandma was an emotional task. I cried and then realized alot of ppl would see me so I sucked it up. LOL. I think it's our emotions FINALLY leaving our bodies and us becoming healthier whithin.
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    aw <3

i will probably cry when i finish Insanity, and it will be tears of joy and pain!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i have cried, sometimes because it hurt, sometimes because it was over, and sometimes because i thought i never could do something and i did.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Doing yoga stretches after a workout (lots of the Biggest Loser dvds have a yoga stretch afterwards) made me cry last time. I just got overwhelmed with different emotions all at the same time.

So yes...I have cried...

Katie
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I haven't actually cried but I've cried out and said the f-bomb A LOT! Particularly during the first week of Insanity. Actually, now that I think about it, I remember cursing Jillian too when I started Shred. My husband laughs at me, but stays out of my throwing range :tongue:

Edited to add: I take it all back! I did cry and it wasn't that long ago. I was on the ellip. and this one song came on and it was about Eminem losing somebody and how he knew they were watching over him. He said he knew he could accomplish anything because he had a guardian angel. It made me think of my dad, and my journey and how he always believed in me like no one else had. I was killing it on the elllip, with sweat and tears running down my face, and I decided right then that I would run a marathon for my dad.

I have no idea how I didn't think of that first!!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    My first week of Insanity had my cursing like a sailor. And I will admit that I've had a tear leave my eye once.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Only when I was going to the gym after a break-up.... I'd cry and think, "he'll be sorry!" :happy:

LOL good one.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    It is one of my trainers goals to make me cry. I have been soooo close to doing it especially during an arm work out that she is pushing for it. I have a feeling tonight she will be pushing for it as we have gone kinda weak on the arms lately and I totally need it.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

I lik this one! :laugh:

When I finished c25k I had tears in my eyes because I was so excited that I actually did it and it felt amazing!
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I've totally bawled during {and after} a workout before.

It would stand to reason that it is fairly common to do such a thing...especially if you are pushing yourself to the limit. It can be emotional!

-Chancy
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I admit it! I cried during spin class. It was soooo hard and I wanted to get through that class so bad! I was sweating my *kitten* off and started crying when it hurt so bad, but I wanted to keep going! Was a GREAT feeling to get through that ! Great feeling of accomplishment.

Keep up the good work girl!
  • firmbug
    firmbug Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Never cried, however I have screamed several times at that peak of lactic acid build up!!! :wink:
  • jcook425
    jcook425 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have cried from emotion build up... from either the death of my mother or my hard marriage then the divorce. I find working out theraputic in many ways!
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    i was doing a dumbell press with 55's and hit my you know where with 55 pound weight i thought i was gonna cry but i didnt :glasses:
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    never cried , I dont think even close but nearly spewed a few times.