coffee creamer

Options
2»

Replies

• Dan_Gwilt
    Options
    I'm a coffee fiend, I'd have to admit. I've tried it just about every way under the sun and found that I prefer it black, but only if it's good coffee. I'm not talking about Starbucks here, they over roast their beans to keep the flavors repeatable from one batch to another. To me, it makes the coffee taste bitter and requires adding some cream and sugar to it. Look for a local coffee house that roasts their own beans and try them out. I found a place that does sustainable and free market coffee so I can feel good about that. Anyway, try out a few different types of beans/roasts until you find one that you like. It might surprise you that there could be one that you like the taste of without having to augment it. If you can't find a local place, look online. There are some awesome coffees in Seattle that my brother in law has turned me on to. See if you can get a hold of the folks at Zeitgeist. They don't have an online order system (or didn't last I checked) but they will take an order over the phone if you don't mind paying the shipping.
  • athykayb23
    Options
    Hi Newbie here!!

I have one to two cups of coffee a day...and love my coffee cream! I've started to 1) use a smaller mug for my java, in turn, less cream, I may not even want another cup later I find if i start water intake and 2) flavor my coffee myself by putting different spices onto grounds. Cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, couple of drops of extract like vanilla (which is also awesome to sweeten and flavor seltzer)
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I use a little bit of splenda and only half a serving of the reduced calorie creamer...still very yummy
  • karriecook
    karriecook Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    LOL....I was just going to make a post on this! I LOVE my morning coffee. Love love love it! I bought a Keurig to reduce my daily consumption (if I make a whole pot I will drink it throughout the day). Now I only have 2 cups in the morning. I have switched from full caffeine to 50/50 decaf. I have also completely eliminated any type of sugar or artificial sweetener. I am now in the process of weening myself off the creamer. I started measuring my consumption and was shocked of how much I was using. I'm down to 1 Tbsp per large cup.

My dad sprinkles a tsp of baking soda over the grounds before brewing. Does anyone else do this?
  • AimDoubleE
    Options
    I have learned to go without... or to use skim milk.

Me too! & it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. :flowerforyou:
  • mapinkerton
    Options
    I have noticed that the flavored liquid creamers have more sugar/calories in them. I stick to plain Coffee-Mate. I buy a bottle of regular (I LIKE this one) and a bottle of low-fat (don't really like this one) and mix them together. That brings the calories down a little. USE a measuring spoon when putting it in your coffee.

I have given up ALL my vices EXCEPT coffee. I do NOT intend to give it up!

Good Luck!
  • gibbsgirl
    gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Have you tried vanilla extract? I always use vanilla liquid creamer and I went to my grandmaw's one day and she didn't have any. So she used milk with a drop of vanilla extract. It was soooo good.
  • aspire31
    Options
    Thanks for all the info!! So I was using 4 tbls per cup x 3 cups a day. This morning I used one splenda a tbl of milk and 2 tbls of creamer and, well not too bad. I'm gonna try to wean it down and look for the lower calorie version but I Can't do black cause my hubby makes it STRONG and it's my splurge. I love my coffee.:drinker:
  • ltlfox
    ltlfox Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The International Delights "skinny caramel macchiato" creamer in the dairy section is awesome! 30 cal/ 1tbsp. It sweetens and lightens and 1 tbsp is plenty for an 8 oz cup of coffee.
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    I use coffee mate french vanilla- fat free. It's also available in sugar free. I love adding hot cocoa or cinnamon in my coffee for a little extra flavor
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Silk soy milk tastes really creamy, but it's not high in calories. Lots of nutrients, too!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    I have to drink my coffe with carnation fat free french vanilla. I always try to stick to the serving size unless I make the coffee too strong. You have to have something to look forward to. So, just excercise a little more and forget about it!
  • bjwb1976
    Options
    I notice that Coffee Mate's POWDER creamer is only 10 calories a spoonful! THAT is great because to me it even tastes better than the liquid real stuff.