Time for a Lifestyle Change...

Options
Hi... my name is KC and I'm 28 years old...

A little over 2 years ago I started dating my boyfriend, TJ...

Before I met TJ I worked out 4-5 times a week... ate healthy... and was SKINNY....

Now I'm not blaming TJ for this. :)

I'm free to make my own choices when it comes to anything and this includes food... but when I was skinny and starting a new relationship... we ate out a lot... and when I did cook, it was nothing healthy and I justified it by telling myself at least it wasn't processed... still summed up to nothing healthy.

TJ didn't gain a pound... I gained 25...

I've always worked out... not always consistently but it never took me too long to get back on track... for a while now I thought this was all I needed... until one of my best friends, who is a dietician, informed me that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% fitness.

So here I am... I've never really counted calories before... I tried once before on this very website but didn't stick to it and always went over my allotted calorie intake... basically I just wan't taking it seriously... but it's time!

Wish me luck with this... my favorite food is macaroni and cheese. :)

Replies

• MyHealthyHuddle
    Options
    Good luck and i love your profile picture!:smile:
    I lost 40 pounds in 2 1/2 months - the important key is to post your goal so you can look at it everyday to remind you why the change is important to you. 25pounds is very reachable. Good luck. I have some great strategies to help you along the way. If you want email me and i will share. tonja@myhealthyhuddle.com.
  • wendiwen123
    wendiwen123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good luck KC! I found that I am most successful when i log my food and this website has proven to be a great tool. Please share your successes with us! :wink:
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    this site will help you tremendously. I also relied on only exercise but weight loss never was maintained in the past. Now, I am very conscious of what goes into my mouth and that coupled with exercise DOES promote healthy, lasting weight loss.

Best of luck on your journey, keep me posted on your progress and your goals and I'll keep you accountable!
  • lilmary326
    lilmary326 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck KC!! :) if you are serious and really want it, you can do pretty much anything....including lose 25 pounds :)