300 + looking for a group with the same size and goals !!

Options
Hi, I really want to either start, or join a group with people with similar weight range and those that are looking to lose over 100 pounds. I know that there are a lot of people that are making their goals and I can't wait until I can be apart of that! I will encourage as well as like to be encouraged, and I hope that we can all do this together! I just started this thing and already I love it, I love seeing success stories and know that one day I will be a success story. I currently wear size 28 and that's sometimes and that's when I realized that when it was so hard to find jeans even in the biggest size then you need to do something because life doesn't need to be ran by overweightness ! I currently weigh 365 and eventually would like to be down to 165 or lower. I know that is a lot in one year so I will go for 100 this year and I will work hard for 100 next year too! :)

Replies

• Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    i'm aimin to lose over 200 lbs so you can add me iffin ya like!
  • glittersoul
    Options
    same here add me if you want

There is also a thread here that might be good for you ...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/143148-the-over-300-club?page=7#posts-1999853
  • randbjackson
    Options
    Good job starting this program "fluffnstuff" that's half the battle. I just started this 3 days ago myself and have really enjoyed it so far. I have about 85lbs to lose. I had all my weight off like 5 years ago and then blew it and I am so upset with myself. I am about 245 and wants to get down to about 160. Being positive that you can do this wil help, I know I have a good frame of mind right now to stick to this cause I am sick and tired of not being able to buy clothes, bend over and tie by shoes without dying, walking very far has become a battle and I am just plum tired of it. I am tired of it running every aspect of my life. Good luck to you!
  • 2LiveAgain
    Options
    Hi everyone! I would like to join this group as I have about 200 lbs to lose also!
  • Toothfairyy
    Toothfairyy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am in my 6 months pre diet for LAP BAND suregery. I have been doing pretty good but we all know how hard it is to get off and keep off. I need all the buddies I can get to help eachother though the journey.
  • fluffnstuff11
    Options
    I have wanted the lap band surgery for a couple of years now, I figure I will try it on my own first and if that doesn't give some great results then I can always look further into the surgery. good luck with getting it done !!
  • fluffnstuff11
    Options
    It is funny how I have never really cared to look at the stuff like calories , I just wanted something for dinner and made it but right now I asked my husband what he wanted for dinner and he said "put the pizza in the oven" and I said no I will go over my calories. I hope he gets used to the new menus lol
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i'm aimin to lose over 200 lbs so you can add me iffin ya like!

Same here! Add me if you like! We can do this together! :)
  • Lizard863
    Lizard863 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm there. Add me,too! I figure the more friends and support we have the better. :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You can do it dear. there is already a group for us who weighed or weighs over 300 pounds. Glitter mentions it in her post.

The Over 300 group is an awesome support group and we would love to have you join us on this journey! MFP is for us all because we are all trying to lose weight. We do have that in common for sure. But there are many specialty groups and threads on MFP that meet the needs and challenges of many different topics and groups. There are also nice groups for age groups also. So you have many options on MFP!!!

MFP does work if you work it! We can do this!
  • Rachel8129
    Options
    :heart: Finally, a group that I can definitely be a part of. Teetering at 328lbs right now is disheartening and I am excited that there are other people like me and who will help me through this new journey and life change. I am excited to see where we go. :bigsmile:
  • fluffnstuff11
    Options
    Me too ! I have always been around smaller people and it frustrates me ! I am glad that there are people going through this too and hopefully we can ALL have happy results at the end of our goals no matter how big or small they are !