Diet pills

Options
What does everyone think of diet pills? and which one works the best?

For me xenadrine was good but it started making me sick! I did loose seventeen pounds though

Replies

• huttonml
    Options
    Supplements can be good to use along with a healthy diet and regular workouts, but shouldn't be used alone or in place of food or working out. I really like atrophex personally.
  • jhines6927
    jhines6927 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I tried not long ago but it made me very sick, hang in there
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I see no reason why anyone should take these. It's not easy to lose weight, but if you eat healthy (both quality and quantity) you can lose weight. Excercise isn't even required to lose weight, though it is to be healthy.

I'd rather lose weight right - without pills or quick fixes or unnecessary restrictions, etc.. I'm learning to treat my body with the respect it deserves.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    popcorn.gif
  • HollyGolightly14
    Options
    Hi there

A few of you have said that it made you very sick. In what way did it make you sick? I am very curious to know as I have just started taking Xenadrine, not to stop eating but to assist in suppressing my appetite. I want to eat healthy and don't expect to lose weight without eating the right foods and exercising, which I think is where many people go wrong with taking these types of pills.
  • Sarean
    Sarean Posts: 77
    Options
    I agree with accountant_boi in the fact that when you take diet pills you're putting a lot of stuff in your body...most of which none of us have ever heard. I strongly suggest you do your research on the ingredients before beginning to take any supplements and speak with your doctor. The ingredients could possibly adversely interact with other medicines you're taking.

That being said, I tried diet pills when I was younger and they worked for about a month or so, then I started throwing up every morning and stopped sleeping. Nausea and insomnia were not a good trade-off for the 10 or 15 lbs that I lost. Once I stopped taking the pills I gained all the weight back plus some.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I'd rather lose weight right
    No offense AB - you know I got your back most times, but these comments always bother me. The "right" way discounts people who can makes dietary changes and use something that might help them along the way.

As to the OP - do your research. Ignore the advertising. It is a company trying to make money. Look at the ingredients and see of there is any support that it does what is says it is supposed to do.

Also, if you was taking an appetite suppressant and working out, you might be working against yourself by NOT getting enough quality calories in to support your exercise.
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    popcorn.gif
    :laugh:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I'd rather lose weight right
    No offense AB - you know I got your back most times, but these comments always bother me. The "right" way discounts people who can makes dietary changes and use something that might help them along the way.

I apologize for the judgement present in my original post - I've thought about it, and for me personally, I equate natural with "better" and sometimes it's hard to get away from a right/wrong mindset.

For me, I am trying to stay away from ingesting processed ingredients, and trying to eat ingredients that are closest to their natural forms as possible . For example, eating homemade fries instead of chips made of "potato ingredients" (I kid you not - I saw that on a bag of some new type of potato chip... they couldn't even say it was made from plain potatoes), getting most of my vitamins from food rather than pills, etc. I see diet pills and appetite supressants and all things in that category as things I want to avoid in an attempt to eat more naturally. I firmly believe this is what is healthiest and most wholesome for our bodies and that an end goal of being strong or losing weight does not justify the use of all possible means that are out there.

While this is what is right for me, and I believe that those supplements/pills/etc. are never necessary, I realize that not everyone views them the same way I do, and it's not really my call to say that something is right/wrong in terms of diet. I will try to use different terminology in the future (avoid using the right/wrong language) and explain my opinion in a less judgemental way. Thanks for the reminder.