Heart Rate Monitors???

jacksonde24
jacksonde24 Posts: 103
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
What is the best heart rate monitor to get and where???

Replies

• POLAR! Any of them really.... depends what you want to do with it. They are worth the money and accurate. I have the FT4, it is water proof but it does not count calories while submerged. If you swim: the ft-40, I hear you can swim with it. Otherwise all of them only have a few differences.... I would highly recommend a polar though. research to determine which is best for you.
  • i also have the polar ft4. LOVE IT! i was shopping for the cheapest polar that included a chest strap (a must according to most mfp users).

got mine on ebay for $65 new.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Forget polar!! Get a Garmin Forerunner. All in one device. Unlike the polars, which require you to purchase additional accessories if you want GPS or to hook it up to your computer to download the data. I just got the Garmin Forerunner for Christmas and it is so user friendly, intuitive, and easy! I love it.
  • Polar is a popular brand. I use a Timex IronMan Road Trainer. It's Available on amazon for cheaper than Timex sells it for on there website. Here is a link if you are interested in taking a peek.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GWWCJ8/ref=oss_product
  • BunnyDVP
    BunnyDVP Posts: 71 Member
    If you just want a basic heart rate monitor Polar is the one. I got mine from a sporting goods store but Walmart, Kmart and Target also sell them in the Sporting Goods section. Most all of them can be used for swimming as well. I just got a basic monitor for heart rate only. My BFF got one with alot of "bells and whistles" and we are both satisfied. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.