new here - support needed

Options
My name is Liz and I am new to this site....I came across this site on facebook so I thought I would give it a try. Seems to be interesting and I hope I am understanding how it works. Any insite on what people think about this site and the "diet" would be helpful, insiteful and would bring me support. :smile:

Replies

• mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Welcome aboard! Good luck on your new journey and we are all here for support! :)
  • blondigt78
    blondigt78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Shug....
    I am new here too. This is my third day using this site and I am loving it. I have always dreaded logging my daily food and exercise. But after 3 days of using this site I love it!
    I would suggest Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet.
    Good luck!
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz..Welcome!..Im a newcomer but, so far ive found it pretty addictive by ensuring i log my food/drinks..etc. I've seen quite a few success stories...as well as pics. Good Luck and add me as a friend i will be more than glad to encourage you along the way..as this site offers a great support system.
  • bounce0033
    Options
    Liz - I am new as well and recently drank the myfitnesspal cool-aid. Welcome!
  • SweetOrganics
    SweetOrganics Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like how there are specific brands of foods that have been logged in the database so that you don't have to type in everything you eat by hand. You can always add a new one if one doesn't already exist so it will be there for others too. Plus, it saves everything you eat & you frequently eat the same things like I do all you have to do is check that item then add. Quick & easy way to keep track of what you are actually eating which helps tons! Also, it's awesome they have Wii games & fitness in the cardio section so it's easy to input that type of exercise also.
    I tend to not do too well with too many carbs, so I adjusted my daily carb/protein/fat ratio to fit with the zone diet, then I don't have to figure it out on my own. It's the best diet for me for not only weight loss, but for getting rid of those sugar cravings. The 1st 3 days are tough, but then after that your cravings for sugar just go away.
  • FeistyKitty808
    FeistyKitty808 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    There is no real 'diet' really. By entering your information MFP calculates the calories you should consume to meet your weight loss goals. By tracking what you eat and paying more attention to what you are putting in your body you can begin to make the nutritional changes necessary to help you lose the weight. Some members to follow other diet plans such as Weight Watcher or Diabetic Diets and use this site for tracking their food or to get motivational support. That is the short and sweet of this site and I am sure others will chime in with more explanations. If you are looking for a support buddy, just send me a friend request. You can do that my clicking on my screen name and clicking the add as friend link.

Good luck on your journey!
  • Trotterc
    Options
    Hello me and some of my Church members are here as a group trying to lose weight so if you ever fall off or need encouragement check me out I am also new we started this program this pass Sunday.:flowerforyou:
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Liz - I am new as well and recently drank the myfitnesspal cool-aid. Welcome!

Love it! I drank the cool-aid too and my oh my, it is DELICIOUS and addictive.

You'll love MFP! Welcome aboard Shug!!
  • shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    thank you all for the welcomes and support - what is this cool-aid? are there certain foods to eat?
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz! My name's Jenny and I'm new too and still trying to figure it all out by trial and error. So far I'm just watching what I eat and trying to make healthy choices and start an exercise regimen. I try to plan ahead what my breakfast, lunch and snacks will be and I pack the food in my lunch box and that's what I can have at work. I'm walking a mile on my lunch time and then walking 2 miles in the evening using my walking DVD since the snow and ice are treacherous. What is the kool-aid you referred to?
  • baileyj33
    Options
    Hi Liz,

I'm new as well, this is my second day and I'm loving it. Makes me aware of the foods that I eat and it makes me think every time I choose a certain food because I want to eat as healthy as possible. By seing my proteins, carbs, fats all added up it really helps me to make healthy choices.

Good luck and do not forgot we are on this journey together !!!
  • teressabwright
    Options
    Hey Liz!

I am new to MFP also. I am on day number 3 and I am loving this site and I think that you will too!

I wish you the best of luck in your journey and just remember that we are all here for the same reason. We are all here to motivate eachother.

Keep up the good work!
  • FeistyKitty808
    FeistyKitty808 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    thank you all for the welcomes and support - what is this cool-aid? are there certain foods to eat?

LOL, the cool-aid comment is a way to say you have bought into the program or you have taken the bait and are hooked. Not the best explanation, but it might help; it is just a metaphor.
    As for foods, there are no special foods. It is everyday eating, normal food; you are just learning portion control, moderation and a healthier eating life style. There are food forums under the community tab; you can get some ideas there. This is not a diet plan, but a tool to help you stay on top of your game.