What to log Zumba as???

Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Just did the 20 minute express Zumba...what do I log this under since I don't have a HRM! Thanks for the help.

Replies

• avetrice
    avetrice Posts: 2 Member
    did anyone anwser, I had the same issue yesterday so I logged it as dancing
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    I log my Zumba as general aerobics but some say to use intense. Guess it depends on how hard you work:)
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    I did zumba last night for the first time, I looked on here and found 500-900 for it I log mine as 500 cause I am not doing at full extreme yet. so 500 for 60 minutes of it. I hope it helps a little
  • lsmann
    lsmann Posts: 1
    Good question.......I'll need the answer to that too. I just bought the Zumba Fitness, haven't done it yet. This is the first day I've logged on to this site and am hoping it will keep me focused and on track... Linda
  • grumpz
    grumpz Posts: 30
    Ih the past I've logged it as dancing :)
  • emadigan
    emadigan Posts: 89 Member
    I always log mine as general aerobics.
  • i logged mine as high impact aerobics until i got my hrm. using high impact aerobics vs the hrm was within 20 calories of eachother.
  • it all depends on your level of exertion. The more you exert, the more you burn. You can actually burn up to 900 calories doing 1 hour of high intensity Zumba.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,338 Member
    I need that answer too! I will start my Zumba class in a couple of weeks. It's a new form of exercise for me. I can't wait!
  • I did 35 minutes of Zumba yesterday and burned 324 calories, if that helps.
This discussion has been closed.