Are there calories in air?

Options
Wow, when I added all of the calories I consumed today i realized I'm on a path that could be dangerous. I am close to 2500 calories over and still haven't had my routine night time snack. I'm hoping that using this tool will help me get a grip on, and control my consumption habits. Thanks MFP. Back to my question "Are there calories in air?" Please Reply

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Depends where you live... I bet the air here in Jersey has some calories... but your lungs also have to work harder to use it so it balances itself out.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Wow, when I added all of the calories I consumed today i realized I'm on a path that could be dangerous. I am close to 2500 calories over and still haven't had my routine night time snack. I'm hoping that using this tool will help me get a grip on, and control my consumption habits.

I think this is absolutely the right thing for you to do before jumping in to the weight loss and the calorie consumption that MFP gives you. The BEST way to see just what you are doing to your body is to eat normally for a day or two (or even a week!) and log *everything* ... just so that you can see what you've been doing. Then you can start to make healthy changes! You'll realize very quickly what foods are worth it and what are not and start seeing what you can substitute so that you can stay at your calorie goal. Best of luck!
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Logging foods can be a real eye-opener, huh? Take small steps and don't overwhelm yourself with a whole bunch of changes to your lifestyle all at once, and you can do it!

But unfortunately, I don't think any of us can claim any weight gain from air. :laugh:
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Depends where you live... I bet the air here in Jersey has some calories... but your lungs also have to work harder to use it so it balances itself out.

Well there ya go! That explains everything. That's why I was heavier when I lived in Jersey -- it was the air!! And now that I'm living in Colorado, where the air is thinner, I'm losing weight! It all makes sense now. :laugh:
  • justforme8
    justforme8 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yes A LOT, almost 5000 calories every 100times you inhale... :noway: :noway: :indifferent: :huh:
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    It depends on whether you're breathing through your nose or your mouth. If you breathe through your nose, your nose hair captures all the calories. JK
  • mrscourter2010
    Options
    I think there are calories in a bakery because every time I go in I seem to gain weight. :D
  • mrscourter2010
    Options
    HAHAHAHAH GREAT!!! ---Katie Kangaroo
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options

The BEST way to see just what you are doing to your body is to eat normally for a day or two (or even a week!) and log *everything* ... just so that you can see what you've been doing. Then you can start to make healthy changes! You'll realize very quickly what foods are worth it and what are not and start seeing what you can substitute so that you can stay at your calorie goal. Best of luck!
    This is exactly how I started my journey. I was shocked at what I was eating and knew I had to do something.