Options
2»

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Here is a related article to the Special K products:

http://www.answerfitness.com/120/special-k-diet-work/

Depending on what flavor bar you buy, there are around 11 g of sugar per bar, which is high. However, I eat one every day for my 2:00 snack and it holds me over until dinner, which is when I am normally the hungriest. I would say it is better for me to consume 11 g of sugar rather than eat a donut or grab a bag of chips.

Just food for thought... =)

THIS - and Kellogg's is LOADED with high fructose corn syrup and many other chemicals. There are nice protein bars out there if they are needed without the crap and sugar in them.
  • halfmoonsliver
    halfmoonsliver Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I often keep some lowfat yogurt in the fridge at work and have that. Greek yogurt or the creamier American ones are best...even the 0% fat Greek is yummy. I will drizzle some honey on it and a few nuts or just a small sprinkle of lowfat granola on top if it's plain yogurt. I will also do a slice of whole grain toast with an ounce of low-fat cream cheese or other cheese. Fat-free cheese isn't worth the calorie-savings, but the 2% is good.The easiest go-to, though, is just a piece of fruit...you could cut up a mango or pear the night before and toss it in a baggie for the a.m. I hate the bars...too sweet for me in the morning. They are good to keep in the glove box, though, for an afternoon snack so I am not totally ravenous and ready to eat everything I see at dinner. I wish there were savory bars instead of just the sweet ones. This is all when I'm eating the way I ought to be, mind you.