Time

Options
How do you find time to exercise? I worked out today and if felt great. It used to be so easy because we had a workout room in our apartment building, but we bought a house and now don't have that luxury. Anyway, how do you find time with a full time job and a family? I would go in the morning, but my husband leaves for work at 5 am and I can't leave because our son is here. I try to go after work, but I want to cook dinner first and then it just gets too late or I don't want to go because I have a full stomach.

What do you do to find the time or fit it in?

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You just do. A lot of people go to the gym on their lunch break, a lot of people exercise at home. People with young children go to a gym that has a childcare center, they take walks while they push the stroller or their child rides their bike. People go for runs early in the morning. If you want it, you find a way.
  • summerlopresti
    Options
    I actually go with my husband to work out. There is a day care in the gym, maybe you can find one with a day care. We go in the afternoon (my husbands laid off right now) or in the AM and my mom watches him (some ppl dont have the luxery of family to help though, I understand that). I also feed the baby (hes 19mo) before we work out if its later in the day then me and my husband eat when we get home. Hope some of these tips help, it seems to make it easier for us :) Good luck :)
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    You could also try getting some workout DVDs (e.g. 30 day shred) or if you have a Wii, some of the fitness "games" That way you can still workout at home.
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I do have a Wii and some exercise games with that. I do that sometimes. We have a membership with our park district, but their babysitting doesn't start until 6:00 pm. Being so late, I have to do dinner before hand. Our regular babysitter is out of the country for a couple weeks, I am hoping that when she gets back I can just leave my son their a little later and go before picking him up.

I used to get it in all the time. I lost 75 pounds in a year and a half, but have gained 10 or so back because I can't seem to get it in or find the motivation to go.

Thanks for the tips.