Warrior Dash

CakeFit21
CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I just signed up for the Warrior Dash in November. Is anybody else doing this?

http://www.warriordash.com/index.php

Replies

• Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    I am doing it in May here in Maryland. :)
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 302 Member
    What race are you running??? I been looking for one close to me but cant seem to find one. Been looking at Warrior, Spartan, and Mudders. They are all the same kind of race. They all look like a bunch of fun and a great time. Good luck!!!!!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    I am doing the one in Louisiana in March. I am super excited!

I have known about it for a year and have been waiting for it to come near me again.

Dani
  • CakeFit21
    I'm doing the one in Central Texas. They just added this location, I thought I was going to travel to North or East Texas to do it.

Dani- You'll have to tell me how it goes! I'm very excited too! Good luck!

Erin-- Good luck!
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    warrior dash is fun! good luck everybody :D
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    I am doing the MN one in July.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    I'm doing the one in Central Texas. They just added this location, I thought I was going to travel to North or East Texas to do it.

Dani- You'll have to tell me how it goes! I'm very excited too! Good luck!

Erin-- Good luck!

I will! I learned about it on this site. But then there is a cute little blog that I follow...and the couple that writes it did it lastyear and they totally sold me on it. They have some really great photos. :happy:

http://www.todaysletters.com/2010/05/warrior-dash-texas.html
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Hubby and I are going for Tough Mudder in June here in CO. Warrior Dash would probably be a great warm-up but the one in CO will be here soon and I'm not going to be physically ready by then so... eh.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Hmm you know at first I was like no way. I'm not very social and very shy about doing something like that in front of so many people... but the more I read and hear about it the more I want ot do it. I might just have to get over my public fear. It looks like a great time, and there is one just an hour from here in august.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Hmm you know at first I was like no way. I'm not very social and very shy about doing something like that in front of so many people... but the more I read and hear about it the more I want ot do it. I might just have to get over my public fear. It looks like a great time, and there is one just an hour from here in august.

The thought of doing it in the NC heat in August made me do the one in MN in July. :)
  • CakeFit21

The thought of doing it in the NC heat in August made me do the one in MN in July. :)

Time of year was a huge factor for me. June, July, August, Sept? Uh... No. November? I can do November, It could be warm but it might be cold.

I'd love to get a group together to do it. At first I was hesitant too. I'm not usually into things like this either. Then I thought, I'll probably be covered in mud after the first 5 minutes and unrecognizable so, that would be ok. I also figured, this is exactly the kind of thing I want my son to see me do. Something silly and unexpected. I was unsure with the idea at first, but that thought really got me excited.

Dani-- Thanks for the blog link, I'll be sure to check it out! Don't forget to post pics!!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
  • CakeFit21
    Hubby and I are going for Tough Mudder in June here in CO. Warrior Dash would probably be a great warm-up but the one in CO will be here soon and I'm not going to be physically ready by then so... eh.

OMG! I just looked that race up!! Goodness! That one looks tough! Good luck, you are a brave woman! Love it! Please let me know how it goes. ;-)))
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    My wife signed us up for the one here in MN - should be fun!
This discussion has been closed.