Options
:flowerforyou:

Hello, my name is Rachel. I am 29 years old and I have three children. Two are in school and the third is at home with me. I've been overweight for most of my life and I've never had the want or motivation to lose weight. I always start out good for a while and then something happens and I go back to being lazy. A friend of mine told me about this website when I was at church and I figured I'd check it out. I think it's a great idea because I can track what I am eating, if I need to eat more, if I'm doing enough and I can count on myself. I am married but my husband is rarely around and it's embarassing talking to someone whose never had weight problems before (he's in the Army so he has to keep shape). I am looking forward to becoming a part of this online community because we all need support and I don't think there is any better support than people who have gone through the same problems with food for whatever reason... emotional eating, bored and all that stuff. I live in Illinois in the Southern-Illinois region so maybe I may run into someone I can be work out buddies with or be friends with someone whose been there or is currently where I am and want to change. There is so much more to write, but I don't want to take up too much time. I am excited about this website and changing my life.

:heart:
Rachel

Replies

• lastraw
    lastraw Posts: 32
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I started my weight loss journey in May 2009 but didn't hear about this site until September 2010 during a fitness challenge at my gym. My food was very limited before because I didn't count calories...I only knew what I could eat. Now I am able to have a little more variety because I am using this site to do the tracking for me. It's a very supportive place and I wish you all the best. I'm from Northern Canada myself so we can't be workout buddies, but if you want to add me as a friend for on-line support, please do!