Snap Fitness

rsmclaurin
rsmclaurin Posts: 77
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi everyone! I am getting back into things (working out, eating healthier etc) and need to join a gym. I had a gym at my old employer that I had been going to, but no longer work there.

There is a Snap Fitness is my town and, from the website at least, it sounds like what I am looking for - the cardio and weight machines, and 24/7 (necessary due to me work schedule). Does anyone know if they offer group exercise classes, besides the machines they have? That was one thing I couldnt find on the website.

Also, I plan on going before work and will be showering and getting ready there rather than at home. Are there locker rooms with the accessability to do this?

Thanks all!

Replies

• shortstuff17
    shortstuff17 Posts: 86 Member
    I believe each gym is different. The one in my town offers a locker room but no showers and no classes. I've heard others offering less than that. My suggestion would be to see if you can go in for a tour or a 7 day trial which most gyms offer. It is a relatively cheap membership, but then again you usually get what you pay for.., hope this helps :)
  • I joined my local Snap Fitness and they do offer a few different group classes (bootcamp, abdominals, etc). I think it varies from location to location. However, the group classes appear to be an additional charge per class attended and you have to register in advance.

I believe the locker room / shower facilities also vary between location. I know mine has them, but they kind of made it seem like that was unique to them. Maybe that was just a sales pitch and they all have them?
  • The snap fitness by us does not have classes its basically just gym equipment and there are two bathrooms that you can use as changing rooms but they don't have showers or anything like that. I am in Ohio so I'm not sure if they are the same everywhere or not but thats how ours is.
  • qkiley
    qkiley Posts: 65
    The Snap Fitness gyms do vary. I would definitely tour your gym before you go. I was at a Snap Fitness for a year and loved it! Some classes (classes were extra), personal training (extra, and worth it!), and never had to wait for equipment. My gym did have a shower, but no locker room.

I really did like that gym, but moved and the distance no longer made sense.
  • kathdela
    kathdela Posts: 148 Member
    My snap fitness doesn't have classes, but it does have one private shower room and two bathrooms. And after work (late at night) there's usually no one there except my friend and me.

Mine is in Duluth, MN.
This discussion has been closed.