New year, new weight loss

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm really trying this year to fit back into all my old clothes. Since April last year I seem to have put on around a stone...I do'nt really understand why. I haven't eaten more than usual or stopped exercise (not that I did much of that anyway!!).
I had depression at the end of 2009 which meant I lost weight and fit into a UK size 10, which was great. However I now can't fit into my size 12s comfortably and have been buying size 14 jeans and skirts.
I feel horrible and hate this extra weight so I've stopped snacking, got rid of the leftover Christmas chocs and eaten a little better since the New Year.
I need to do more exercise too...when the weather improves I'll get back on my bike most nights. Does walking really make any difference? I seem to do a lot of walking yet it makes no difference..maybe I should push myself more?
Thanks if you read this :)

Replies

• KenMontville
    KenMontville Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    More power to you! The secret formula, of course, is to burn off more calories than you take in. So walking helps even if it's just burning off a few calories that might otherwise turn into more weight (fat).

Personally, keeping up with exercise is the hardest part, for me. Plus, I have a terrible sweet tooth.

Buying bigger clothes is a real eye opener. Just don't get too comfortable in them or you'll be buying bigger and bigger. :smile: