Tonight for dinner

Options
I'm making homemade lo mein with the tofu noodles that are in the refrigerated part of the produce section (where all the vegan stuff is) and one serving (4oz) is only 20 calories! Which means the whole package is only 40! For me pasta is my downfall, there are just too many calories for me to actually enjoy any of the pasta dishes I eat, so I'm hoping these are as good as I hear people talking about them.

Replies

• jcgordon550
    Options
    I'm italian and pasta is my LIFE! Lol I have stuck to whole grain pastas and Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, etc. I'm soo glad I don't have to cut pasta out : )
  • jcgordon550
    Options
    P.S I would LOVE the recipe for your home made lo mein!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i've been meaning to try those tofu noodles!!! i'm going to the store today- maybe i will remember to get them!!!
  • Larry7995
    Options
    I had never heard of tofu noodles, will give that a try. I know using multigrain spaghetti in lo mein stir fry isn't as tasty as regular spaghetti.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I really wish I could enjoy tofu. I've tried using squares of it in pasta and the soft kind in smoothies, but I just don't like it. I don't know if it has much of a taste, but it changes the texture of things and weirds me out.

Kind of like seafood... I know it's good for you, but I hate it!:-(

Shannon