Fish Tacos

traceysturn
traceysturn Posts: 196
edited September 22 in Recipes
I have some Tilapia I need to use. Got any good recipes for fish tacos? I have never made them before, only had them when out to eat.
TIA, Tracey

Replies

• YUM! We used to make fish tacos all the time. We started out with Bobby Flays recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/fish-tacos-recipe/index.html

It's great how it is, we follow it pretty closely just making slight changes. Just make sure you use cabbage and not lettuce! It makes such a difference.
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    OMG, I'm so glad you posted this, I was DREAMING about fish tacos when I was waking up this morning. I've never made them either, so looking forward to perusing people's recipes.

happy eating!
    JoJo
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Too funny, last night I was thinking about making fish tacos. Thanks for the recipe suggestion.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Wow never had a fish Taco but Im willing to try! Im thinking talapia, shredded cheese, diced tom and a little tarter sauce, we will see
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    bump
  • Found this one on sparkpeople- seems awfully high cal (actually doesn't seem right) but can lighten up w/ low cal tortilla etc...

4 oz Tilapia filet
    taco seasoning
    olive oil spray
    lime

for condiments:
    Avocado
    salsa
    nonfat sour cream
    shredded cabbage
    low fat cheese
    2 corn tortillas

Directions
    place tilapia filet on a piece of aluminum foil place on a cookie sheet. Spray lightly with olive oil spray. Sprinkle taco seasoning on the filet. Slice lime, and place lime slices over the filet. Cover with foil, as if to make a package. Place in a preheated 325 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes.

After tilapia is cooked through, open up foil packet, discard lime, and enjoy the fish with you favorite taco ingredients!

Nutritional Info
    Fat: 19.1g
    Carbohydrates: 42.3g
    Calories: 456.7
    Protein: 34.2g
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    YUM! We used to make fish tacos all the time. We started out with Bobby Flays recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/fish-tacos-recipe/index.html

It's great how it is, we follow it pretty closely just making slight changes. Just make sure you use cabbage and not lettuce! It makes such a difference.

This is what I use too. They are GREAT!! I forget if the recipe calls for red or green cabbage, I've used both but prefer red, definatly not lettuce!!
This discussion has been closed.