Oatmeal in the crock pot

WarmDontBurn
WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
I just purchase some steel oats and want to make a batch in the crock pot. I read on the internet that people make it in separate dish and then put that dish in the crock pot. Can you not just put everything right in the crock pot?

Also do you stick to the directions or alter it and if so how?
How long do I leave it in the crock pot?
Any help you can suggest would be great.

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    I have no idea what the answer is so I'm curious to find out what others have to say.
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    curious too :)
  • jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    OMG...my mother makes oatmeal in her crockpot and its wonderful! I dont know the exact logistics as far as timing ... but I know she alters it all the time. She will throw in crazins...nuts...fruits...literally anything healthy and tasty she has in the house that you can imagine going into oatmeal. She will make a big batch of it and then eat it for the week and also freeze some (it freezes very well).
  • I Googled Steel Cut Oats in the crockpot and found all sorts of recipes.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Ya I googled too but there is just so much I was looking more for MFP experiences :smile:

Anyway I just threw it all into the crock pot and put it on low so I guess time will tell. People keep mentioning they do it but whenever I ask those people don't seem to reply....LOL.

Trial and error I guess.
This discussion has been closed.