Stretch Marks.

Options
I have had stretch marks since i was like twelve.. I have never been over about 140lbs in my life.
The summer before high school I got them on my sides and breasts and arms and i havent worn arm revealing shirt since

I think i would hate my body less.. if i didnt have those stupid scars.. nothin works to get rid of them

Any tips on how to get rid of them or how to live with them ??

Replies

• seemichellerun
    Options
    Unless you want to pay for laser treatments to reduce the appearance, there is nothing you can do about them. It's genetics, and no fancy creme or amount of vitamin E oil will get rid of them.

I have them all over my tummy from my pregnancy (my son is now 3 1/2). I've accepted the fact that no matter how rock solid my abs get, I'll never flaunt them around in a cute bikini. You just gotta learn to live with them.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing laser treatments on stretch marks, after my 2nd treatment I can not tell any difference yet! BUT they told me I may have to do 3-5 treatments!
    I have tried every cream out there and nothing so far!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    skin regenerates every 7 years, so they should decrease over time. Other than that, I think (but I'm not certain) laser treatment decreases their appearance. You'd have to find a treatment center and find out for sure if they have that kind of service and so on. Because they ARE scars, creams and lotions don't really do much, unfortunately.

As far as living with them, chances are, no one notices but you. :-) Hard to believe, I know... but it's often the truth.

The very last option, and I wouldn't really recommend it - makeup. You can fill in the scars with makeup to make them less visible. Problem - sweat. Unless you know absolutely that you're not going to sweat, I wouldn't bother. However, it's an option.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've been using Bio Oil on my stretch marks (and a scar on my cheek from when a resistance band attacked me... haha). And I've heard it helps to reduce their appearance. Not sure how awesome it works, since my stretch marks are already really faded, I'm using it to help my skin snap back now that I've lost a decent amount of weight. It seems to be helping with that at least, my stomach and arms are getting smaller.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Nothing can be done...sorry. Mine are horrid...all over my stomach from my pregnancy. I'm saving up for a tummy tuck...it'll get rid of most of them, but not the ones on the sides or the ones on my breasts. Oh well.
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I have had a few stretch marks on my lower sides since I was about 14 which I think is ridiculous...I guess I grew too fast or something & I HATE THEM! Sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't dislike my body so much if I didn't have them. For the last 4 months I have been using Mederma Stretch mark cream [$39] & I can actually see quite a difference. The stretch marks are MUCH lighter, but I don't think that they will ever go away. I'm trying to learn to love my body despite them, especially since I'm sure I'll end up with more if & when I have a baby...
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem as you, since I was a child I've had to live with the stretch marks on my body, so I know it's hard to choose clothes, specially in summer time, which can be a little depressing, but you need to find the right clothes for you, the ones that makes you feel nice and not reveal too much :).

As for treatment, not too long ago I went to the dermatologist and he recommended me a cream with retinoic acid, and the pharmaceutic at the drugstore made it specially for me, he said it will help me, but in the future I may have to use some treatment with instruments, like laser or dermabrasion. Hope this helps!
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thank you for you tips !