Personal Trainers

pftjill
pftjill Posts: 488
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
So my question to you. Would you go to a trainer who is a little heavier? I have shunned trainers before who don't have the ideal body, because I would want to go to someone who looks good.

Now here I am 16 weeks away from having to find a job when I am done-only 6 weeks away from finding an internship. I was talking to my exercise design teacher and he said the most successful person in his class when he went through the program was they heaviest girl. He said she is able to relate to people more because she has been where they are. Everyone says I shouldn't beat myself up because I just had a baby, but I am the one who put on all the weight when I was pregnant. I am sure I will be nearly where I want by the time it is time for me to actually start so I guess I am not too worried. I was just wondering if you got a trainer would you prefer the fit muscles showing type?

What I have learned from my program is-it doesn't matter how the trainer looks, but do they have the knowledge. At they same time-when you see them like this you wonder-why aren't they putting their knowledge to use for them.

Replies

• I'd be fine with a trainer who's heavier, as long as they can motivate me in a way that I can relate to and share their knowledge in a way that I can understand.
This discussion has been closed.