How do you measure calories burned on a video?

Options
Hello, I have been doing a Biggest Loser Bootcamp video that is a combination of exercises (dumbells, pushups, jumping jacks, punching, squats). Anybody know what kind of exercise this is in the database? I've been using calisthetics, light effort but I don't know.

Replies

• AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Edit: I'm blind.

Make a custom workout. You can add whatever it is you are doing and enter the number from your HRM to determine your burn.

I've created two workouts that weren't in there. Power 90! Sculpt 3-4 and Power 90! Sweat 3-4 (and Ab Ripper 200).
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I post it under circuit training either for 20 min or 35min depending. Upon the level of workout.
  • mokellyp
    mokellyp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I never thought about circuit training and the calories burned seems more realistic. I knew I was burning more than 180 calories!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Yup, circuit training but of course, a HRM is best.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I never thought about circuit training and the calories burned seems more realistic. I knew I was burning more than 180 calories!

Don't just go by what MFP tells you. A HRM will be the best way to see what you are burning doing this exercise.
  • mokellyp
    mokellyp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have tried a heart rate monitor and couldn't get it to work? Do you have one that you suggest?