Mexican Food

Options
2»

Replies

• kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love traditional Mexican tacos. The kind I get have steak and pico on a 4 inch corn tortila. Soooo yummy! Corn tortillas have far, far fewer calories than flour. Good luck!
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Mexican food so very much! Tortillas are delish but high in calories. Depends how they cook the veggies too as the one Mexican restaurant local to me (I live in the UK) fries the veg so it comes out dripping in oil - yes I'm particularly good before I go there so I can indulge in my fajitas! Go careful with the sour cream too, salsa is good so long as it doesn't come with a huge pile of nachos :laugh:

Enjoy your evening though and don't beat yourself up if you eat something 'naughty' - just get back on track afterwards. Life's too short after all!
  • smilestb99
    Options
    It depends on what all they serve at the restaurant, but one of my favorites at a restaurant I love is a chicken fajita salad. It is basically fajita veggies and chicken, with pico de gallo on the side. I ask for it with no shell and no sour cream.
    Also camarones al mojo de ajo - Mexican style. This is a shrimp and mushroom dish in a tomato-based sauce.
    You could also get a couple hardshell tacos or a taco salad without the shell, cheese, and sour cream.
    What I do is order water with lemon, and ask for a box when my meal comes so I can put half in it right away. I'd say skip the chips and salsa, but a few (or ten) isn't going to hurt you and salsa is good for you. It's one of the treats I let myself have sometimes. Soy crisps and salsa are a good snack btw. :wink: