Online Stalking!

Options

Replies

• Sunny_Skies
    Options
    Yeah, try removing the aerial view of your address on zillow.com.
    How would I go about doing that?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I did a search for myself and it pulled up a picture of Don Ho. I guess if you have seen one hawaiian....
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    It is not terribly accurate. It shows my 32 year old sister in law as my daughter. LOL!
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The thing that sites like Spokeo do is simply aggregate available 3rd party information that's already floating around the internet about you. Any time you sign up for anything that asks your zip code, age range, gender, etc. etc. that information doesn't just sit there. It makes its way to the giant pit called the internet and it gets gathered up and spit out on sites like Spokeo. There are probably a dozen or more websites that have the same information collected about you. Not all of it is right, obviously, but most of it is. There's not much you can do about it other than removing yourself from sites as you find them.

Yay public domain.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    so i wanna say is that yes this has my info online 4 every 2 c.

but it has it under a name i don't use. :laugh:

also it has my info all mixed up. :laugh: so it may have my address but that's pretty much the only thing it has correct.

i don't like that it gives out this info & it's just creepy.... <icked out..> :huh: :mad: :explode:

oh. no pics of me tho lol
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I did a search for myself and it pulled up a picture of Don Ho. I guess if you have seen one hawaiian....

hahahaha:laugh:
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    bump
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Even showed my house. Picture must have been taken on a Wednesday, cuz that's the housekeeper's car. Or my wife is having an affair.
  • annie422
    annie422 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • annie422
    annie422 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Even showed my house. Picture must have been taken on a Wednesday, cuz that's the housekeeper's car. Or my wife is having an affair.

Double :laugh:
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It was sites like that that allowed my stalker of 5 years to find out where I live, etc. Pretty disturbing.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to find myself, but with a last name like Johnson, it's common. And I'vebeen overseas for 2 years. I did not see me in my current location or my permanent address. BUT I did look for my mom, and I was able to find my information (maiden) information linked to her. I can't even believe it points to the house!
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    omg i <3 you mike lol
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Creepy! I am not listed but my dad and brother are. It says my dad only has 1 child...ouch! Here I was thinking I was the favorite when I along I didn't even exist!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    It said I make over $100k/year. I WISH!! I think I'll leave that one up. Let people think I got rich! LOL
  • fatallysassy
    fatallysassy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for posting! I'm removed.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    123 people is another one! Especially if you're in the UK!
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Found two entries for me and one for my spouse. Interesting that she had a child but I didn't....lol. Disturbing nonetheless and I removed all three. Unfortunately there are apparently about a dozen of these sites....
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Mine says I currently make $170K a year...I wish that was true! :laugh:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I checked for myself and people I know--all the information I found is at least 6 years old! Guess we aren't that interesting!

(BTW--I have NEVER been worth 284k! I WISH!)