Too many carbs!!!

amandagreen1980
amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
:sad:
Hi everyone, i joined this sat on Saturday and so far done really well with both the food and exercise.
I have a problem today though, i have gone over my carbs by 9g!! Everything else is under. How much do you think this matters?
I know i am a carb monster and thats my biggest problem so am going to have to be more careful in the future!
I have 84lbs to lose!!!!

Replies

• amandagreen1980
    :sad:
    Hi everyone, i joined this sat on Saturday and so far done really well with both the food and exercise.
    I have a problem today though, i have gone over my carbs by 9g!! Everything else is under. How much do you think this matters?
    I know i am a carb monster and thats my biggest problem so am going to have to be more careful in the future!
    I have 84lbs to lose!!!!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    As a general rule, there isn't anything that you can't go over once in a great while. As long as you keep with the program and don't constantly go over on anything it won't make too much of a difference. I posted a great article in here from webmd that talks about this exact issue. The expert basically says, one giant piece of chocolate cake won't make you gain 3 pounds, it's the every day consumption that needs to be watched.
  • amandagreen1980
    Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better! I just really want to stick to it strictly this time.:happy:
    I will go and find your article!
    Cheers
  • nancym
    nancym Posts: 49
    :love:
    Hey! As a hypoglycemic I must be careful what and how many carbs I have.
    How many carbs do want to have daily? Can you substitute something else, ex; mashed cauliflower for potatoes, Splenda for sugar, soy or almond flour for some of the wheat?
    Are you low/controll carbing? I try to keep mine within 10 grams of my goal, but remember that the more often you stretch that gram count the more likely you are to stretch it more.
    Say your carb count is 40 per day and you go over by 9. Okay, so you get back on track the next day. But let's say that you stay within 10 grams of that 40, you will find yourself staying at or near 50 often and then stretching that to over 50 and even higher.
    As banks says once in a great while is like a lesson learned...move on.
    If you are on an Atkins style diet where you are living a controlled carb diet, then be sure not to mix too much animal fat with carb if you want to have alot of carbs. The cheap carbs mixed with animal fat leads to health issues and failure in dieting.
    So you went over by 9...just don't do it for a long time...and you will be happy.
    I fail sometimes, but now I don't beat myself up over it...I move on and get my eating back in gear the very next day.
    Good Luck
    nancym
  • amandagreen1980
    Hi, thanks for the advice! :wink:
    I am not on atkins or low carb diet or anything i am just trying to stick with the goals set out on this website, i was more concentrating on calories and fat until i saw that i went over on the carbs yesterday!
    I will try harder to swap things that are carb laden for alternatives! Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.