NEW 2 MFP! Excited!

Options
I am new to MFP. Looking forward to getting healthy. Just learned about this weight loss site. Still getting use to it, but it seems easy enough! Trying to do the couch 2 5k progam. Wish me luck! If anyone has tips on how to stop after dinner snacking please share!

Replies

• Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    YAY! Welcome and best wishes on your goals!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome, find something to keep your hands busy in the evenings like crafts (needlework, quilting, knitting, crochet, etc) exercising (walk dog, gym, etc) this will make it almost impossible to eat and do at the same time, also I find that if you brush your teeth after supper then you don't tend to eat later.
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love this site, and I wish you luck achieving your goals.
    I too have a hard time with snacking at night. I have yet to gain control of it...hence my weight problem.
    Thank you Triquetra! I'll have to give the brushing teeth after dinner a try!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Welcome...that is actually the first step I took in starting my journey to lose 52 lbs. I stopped eating after dinner and if I want dessert I just have a little something right after my dinner. I drink water in the evenings and sometimes hot tea. You just have to get stubborn and stick to your goal of not eating anything. It takes a good many days to break a habit so some night will be easier than other nights.
  • sspayne35
    sspayne35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did pretty good tonight...One night down! :o)
  • sspayne35
    sspayne35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will give some different activites a try...I played Wii Fitness Plus tonight...That helped! Now to go brush my teeth! Thanks for the tips!